Pride month play list!

From a Ken Russell film in which Kathleen Turner plays a fashion designer by day, street walker by night who is stalked by razor-edged vibrator wielding street preacher Tony Perkins.

Fun for the family!

2 Likes

Ah. A touching sequel to “Goodbye Again.”

3 Likes

You know what? We’re already half-way through June.

4 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

I love Jayne!

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes
3 Likes

wouldn’t be pride without The Village People or the Pet Shop Boys, so why not cover both in one post? this song always makes me happy.

3 Likes

Well, that makes a hell of a segue…

1 Like

It’s been 12 hours and I can’t get this song out of my head! :weary:

ha! aww, i love that song. so optimistic, yet so bittersweet. the Village People put it out when everything seemed like the future was bright for gay rights, right before the AIDS crisis hit. and i love how savvy the Pet Shop Boys were to cover it when they did, pointing to the Berlin Wall falling and how optimistic people were then about “going west” in Berlin. It came out right around when i moved to the west coast from living in the midwest, and it sure captured my feelings as a young gayling headed to the west.

4 Likes

Yes. And it’s insanely catchy too.

1 Like
3 Likes

I hope this fits, as Vivian Blaine was one of the first celebrities who recognized AIDS for what it was and went into action to assist those stricken with the disease. Unlike two of her contemporaries who were also in show biz and lived in DC in the WH, but didn’t have a quarter of her talent put together.

Enjoy!

2 Likes