Pride month play list!

If there were a Pride Month reading list…I’d recommend Peter Straub’s “Blue Rose” trilogy. Mr. Straub is cis-male, as far as I know, but the way he handles the sexualities of some of his characters and how they perceive and respond to their own, he handles very well. Timothy Underhill in particular.

So, if you want to, start with “Koko”, then go to “Mystery”, and then “The Throat”.

2 Likes

Interesting video. Most of it is in outer space and rather lighthearted, but the real-world images that intrude are rather depressing. Reminds me of Beautiful World video.

1 Like
3 Likes

Getting back to this song.

Great words for anybody:

“I love you, I know you love me.
I want you happy and carefree.
So that’s why I have no protest
When you say you want to go west."

With New York having its financial crisis and LA having the Rockford Files, it seemed like a good move to make,

But a few months ago it dawned on me what the motivation behind this song was. California decriminalized nonhetero-sexuality in 1977.

4 Likes
2 Likes

When it came out, some gay folks thought John was talking about them:

1 Like
3 Likes

How about some hardcore queercore!

1 Like

always loved this song. “rough boys, come over here - i want to buy you leather” and “…i want to bite and kiss you.”

and don’t forget “And I Moved” – where “…He moved toward me, and he laid me down just like an empty dress.”

2 Likes
2 Likes

That is absolute adorb!

1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Vastly better than the album version.

I just learned of the existence of this alternate version of the video, a much gayer version.

Relax! Frankie Goes to Hollywood

Edited because I found a better copy of the video:

3 Likes