Put-Our-Rich-Criminals-in-Check Global Emporium

After detailing how one Ebay exec made 18 M$ at the expense of sellers, the exec said, “We are going to crush this lady.”

Wasn’t quite sure where to put this, but… it’s Musk. “Rich criminal” is practically his niche. And all the whitewashing he’s tried to do, pretending he just wants to save the planet or explore outer space… he’s just another arms dealer.

5 Likes

Right? AND, like every other capitalist asshole, he has horribly retrograde labor practices. I really don’t see how he’s got so many tech-bros so snowed that he’s some radical environmentalist who is single handedly going to make electric cars a thing…

3 Likes

Prolly because you’re not a tech-bro who isn’t dazzled by him, eh?

2 Likes

True, but I just don’t get how people can fanboi over the guy when it seems obvious to me what he actually is… I don’t know…

3 Likes

Look, I can’t get how immigrants, people of color, and women can get excited over the current POTUS. I think it’s due to these folks being ignorant, either willfully or not. Folks see what they wanna see, y’know?

Or, to quote Paul Simon from “The Boxer”: “A man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest.” And I’d like to ad: “Until it’s too late.”

1 Like

(not sure if this was the best thread for this, but it looked too interesting to not share)

4 Likes

Right on message. It’s not about Piketty’s “supermanagers”, it’s about their portfolios and their BODs.

1 Like

Fuck Disney.

8 Likes
5 Likes

This year has ruined Cyberpunk and Post-Apocalypse RPGs for me. The real-world headlines are worse than anything fictional we can come up with. What was supposed to be a shocking and frightening plot just sounds like a typical Tuesday, and while the super-evil villain doesn’t sound great, he’s not all that bad compared to the people in power now.

4 Likes

Yet one more stupid nazi billionaire jerkoff who wants to live forever.

2 Likes

1 Like
3 Likes

Will it end up screwing poor people somehow?

2 Likes

The people shorting stock are almost certainly either rich, or at least well-heeled enough to take big risks to make big money.

The people driving the stock price up are probably not poor either, though it seems more like a crowd of small investors than a few big ones.

In this battle, some rich people could lose big-time (and yet still remain rich) or they could get richer. It’s probably not going to make the Reddit crowd rich though.

The only potentially poor people that could lose out are GameStop employees, if the shorters push the “it’s going to fail” narrative so hard that it precipitates the failure and then they lose their jobs as a result.

For the rich, money and value aren’t based on real things (like the actual performance of the company) but for the poor, money is necessary for survival…

8 Likes

And that’s why capitalism isn’t good for everyone.

3 Likes

But now that little people are in on the game enough to have an effect, something must be done. When it was only the big boys playing this game, it was fine. But now that “ordinary” people are actually able to play… well, that’s just not fair, is it?

6 Likes

Yeah, the stock market is a mood ring for rich people, don’t the little guys know that?

3 Likes