Put-Our-Rich-Criminals-in-Check Global Emporium

Sure, but that’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about all the idiots who hear “the Democrats want to raise taxes” and instantly jump to the defensive even though they don’t have anywhere near the income levels that would be needed for them to be included.

It’s far easier for Republicans to scream “they want to raise your taxes!!!” than it is for Democrats to explain “no, there’s a hell of a lot of nuance involved, almost none of you are rich enough to be included in this, put down those pitchforks already!”

4 Likes

Dude. I think you just answered your own question.

Revenault:

2 Likes

Private monopolies must be made accountable to democracy, and they can be when we actually take democratic action:

https://pluralistic.net/2020/07/03/monument-toppling-season/#citation-needed

2 Likes

Maxwell had lived, from birth, in a world where the powerful freely exploited and abused others. She grew up in a 53-room mansion, the daughter of Robert Maxwell, an infamous publishing tycoon. Maxwell was described by those who knew him as “terrifying and a dictator” a man with “a fundamental dishonesty about everything he said and did”. He died mysteriously at sea in 1991, having fallen from his yacht, Lady Ghislaine. After his death, Robert Maxwell was discovered to have committed massive fraud and theft, having raided and ransacked his employees’ pension fund (a crime that affects retirees to this day).

3 Likes

Nuclear power never disappoints when it comes to making jillions disappear.

3 Likes

Oh, so, magic robot slaves don’t exist? Good.

The problem with this interpretation of Trump is that it can apply equally to most gigantically rich people.

Looking forward to learning information about how Paul Krugman is a stooge.

Let’s take the ag monopoly, which already overcharges and underdelivers, and marry it to pharma! It went predictably:

https://pluralistic.net/2020/08/31/ai-rights-now/#gotterdammerung

Why put these fuckers in check? They make things go boom through neglect in service to greed.

This is just one day of reporting.

3 Likes

Oh lord Bezos, how much do you need to meet a guillotine? About $300 in parts from your fucking criminal partners on your shitty fucking website:

Some labor, too, but you never allow that to impinge on your margin, do you?

2 Likes

Didn’t you know? You have to start as a multi-billionaire to become a billionaire car company honcho:

2 Likes

After detailing how one Ebay exec made 18 M$ at the expense of sellers, the exec said, “We are going to crush this lady.”

Wasn’t quite sure where to put this, but… it’s Musk. “Rich criminal” is practically his niche. And all the whitewashing he’s tried to do, pretending he just wants to save the planet or explore outer space… he’s just another arms dealer.

5 Likes

Right? AND, like every other capitalist asshole, he has horribly retrograde labor practices. I really don’t see how he’s got so many tech-bros so snowed that he’s some radical environmentalist who is single handedly going to make electric cars a thing…

3 Likes

Prolly because you’re not a tech-bro who isn’t dazzled by him, eh?

2 Likes

True, but I just don’t get how people can fanboi over the guy when it seems obvious to me what he actually is… I don’t know…

3 Likes

Look, I can’t get how immigrants, people of color, and women can get excited over the current POTUS. I think it’s due to these folks being ignorant, either willfully or not. Folks see what they wanna see, y’know?

Or, to quote Paul Simon from “The Boxer”: “A man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest.” And I’d like to ad: “Until it’s too late.”

1 Like