Puzzling Evidence

… I read in a Simon McCaffery story that the “parallel universes” trope comes from “early Hindu mythology,” and I wanted to know if that was true so I Googled it, and one of the links was

reddit.com/r/shiftingrealities/comments/vfdfbg/evidence_of_shiftingparallel_universes_in_ancient

and I was like, what is this :confused:

The subreddit presents itself as sort of a New Age spiritual thing and only later do we realize it’s basically kids writing bad fanfic

3 Likes

I’m so sorry!!! I had no idea! Oh well, but I’m just a flighty female, so what do you expect?

:upside_down_face:

4 Likes
2 Likes

2 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

Oh hell no! And I like spiders.

3 Likes

Has it occurred to him that maybe he was delusional? Or maybe that’s just the ending he gets?

3 Likes

I got nothing but unemployment & bills after my NDE, a traumatic brain injury, in 2018. Remember being loaded into an ambulance, then waking up in a long-term recovery hospital 6 weeks later.

Couldn’t even get SSDI. Apparently I recovered too well and too quickly.
(Even though a large chunk of my skull was missing as I waited for an implant to be made.) %$&@#! Sorry kids, no one will ever give you bonus points for being Superman.

Although I did get a really wild mix of reality & dreams as the medically induced coma wore off. I blame that on drugs.

5 Likes

OUCH!

FDR would have another cerebral hemorrhage if he were alive and saw how the system is now.

3 Likes

A promotional film for Joy Division.

2 Likes

I have a question: Is Clippy artificial intelligence?

I took a survey about Chat GPT that showed an exchange between a parent & their AI, and what they did was ask the chatbot to create an image of Larry the Cute Hedgehog with Sunflowers, a product of their child’s imagination. I got steamed over this, because why would you do that when you could ask your child to draw it for you?? After all, the kid’s the one who thought it up in the first place!

Maybe it’s just me. I can imagine some kid saying “Oh cool, thanks Mom!” when she hands them a sheet of stickers she printed up based on an image the chatbot created. But mostly, I just see a crestfallen child (no, that is not one who stops brushing their teeth), looking at the sheet of stickers morosely, because there’s a drawing of Larry in their backpack they were going to pull out and show their mom. Then, they go to the PC and work together on creating stickers based on Larry. with the kid asking questions and Mom typing. Like, a collaborative effort involving parent and child.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a cannabis strain named that.
(pause)
Imgur

1 Like

Nah. I’d consider Clippy to be more like a very limited expert system, programmed to respond to what the user is doing.

3 Likes

Well, that’ll teach you.

3 Likes

I like this idea.

1 Like

7 Likes

Bah, puzzling… just a little turn to the left and it’s solved.

:wink:

6 Likes