Random Silly Grins

Great memo! We need to turn into a concept. Let’s do lunch. Have your people call my people.

7 Likes

Thrift store finds

Record1

record2

record3

5 Likes

I would expect nothing less.

And the dumptruck would be driven by two guys — one kind of like Michael Clarke Duncan and the other kind of like Steve Buscemi.

9 Likes

Who will banter with each other in a way that is supposed to convey how working class they are, but which fails because it’s so obviously two actors doing an improv exercise.

But the audience takes it because it’s a short scene and oddly endearing anyhow.

8 Likes

Somebody should run this movie plot by our @Donald_Petersen. He might know somebody who knows somebody… :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Really though, this could be a movie. If Sharknado 5: Global Swarming got made, we’ve got a shot.)

11 Likes

Pitch it as Sandrunners II: Liquefaction Hazard

8 Likes

A very stable dog…

11 Likes
17 Likes

Please do not forget that his pregnant wife fell asleep with their angelic little 3 year old girl. Both mother and child were wearing all white gowns. Mom had just finished painting her daughters nails with adorable, quirky stars and sparkles at the daughter’s request. Neither of them has a name.

11 Likes

(From this less silly article on CBC)

6 Likes

Ah yes, but there is also a woman among the Rock’s construction pals. She goes by the name “Babe” Babanovski. She wears flannel shirts and swears a lot. During the climax she takes down a National Guard helicopter with a backhoe.

After it’s all over, and everything is happily resolved, she and the Rock’s former CO light up a pair of cigars. She notices his Zippo lighter is engraved with his regimental insignia. She confesses to him that her first name is actually Gladys. Then they walk off together.

So, yeah, two women. That seems like enough.

9 Likes

Well, the angelic little daughter has a nickname, as we find out when he says, “Don’t worry, Pumpkin, Daddy’s coming” just as the mother’s cell phone battery dies before she can tell him her water just broke.

9 Likes

Beneath the whole scene is a taxi cab. The movie’s executive producer is in the back on a cell phone. “Hey honey I’m going to be a little late, traffic is murder!”

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/glanderco/status/1024103665265770496

13 Likes
3 Likes
16 Likes

Love this comment:

18 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

I’m going to post this in our kitchen as a reference chart. :joy:

7 Likes
19 Likes