Random Silly Grins

But only after you have tried the other way. My tablet is one way, my phone the other.

YMMV, depending on your job, but those are plugs I may deal with twice a year or less. USB connectors tend to be used several times a day.

My Olympus camera, purchased long after micro USB had become the de facto standard, uses some weird connector that none of my other cables fits. Guess which brand of camera I won’t be buying again.

USBiathlon, combining it with cross-country skiing. At designated stops, competitors must get their heart rate down and circulation restored in their hands enough to insert a USB plug.

5 Likes

I use SVGA (because our work laptops don’t have HDMI, don’t get me started), USB-A, and micro USB several times a day. The SVGA is the clunkiest, but they also receive the most abuse. The USBs are used at both work and home. I might not get them right the first time, but I just never get to the point of being frustrated with them. It’s all pretty quick.

1 Like

Nor is that uncommon. Per SMBC, that’s because they’re spinors.

4 Likes

And then they gave it a bunch of optional standards to cover, so you need to scrutinize the specs of any particular USB-C cable to figure out if it covers what you actually want to do. And that’s before you get into ways many of them are badly out of spec…

15 Likes

It’s been really interesting to see how many people responded to that one particular example in the video (which on the whole did make me chuckle, at least).

5 Likes

Thus… Why I posted in the victory thread…

6 Likes

I will purge VGA from my enterprise. This is the hill I will die on.

All data center conference rooms are now HDMI or Miracast.

Many of the Corporate Conference rooms are Miracast but it is flakey due to the RF density. I have a project to hardwire all the rooms for HDMI or (more likely now) go to the Intel Unite solution.

Existing confgerence rooms at all the plants won’t be retrofitted. But, I’m the one who sets the standards. It will take time, but I will win or die trying.

In retrospect, this is an odd thing to have such passion about.

8 Likes

21 Likes

­

15 Likes

I find phones are a special case. I invariably try plugging it in one way, fail, rotate both hands in opposite directions, try again and look confused.

9 Likes
11 Likes

Montreal Olympic Stadium at 1:17

3 Likes

so, these guys just had 4 identical blankets sitting around the crib to make the costumes with? Or they budgeted to buy 4 blankets for the video instead of using the dough to buy, say, unicorn or Incredible Hulk costumes?

So many questions.

3 Likes

Then it wouldn’t be much of a Blanket dance now then, would it?

6 Likes

Their artistic Muse appears to be on drugs.

3 Likes
17 Likes

I like how the “get out of hell free” card costs $5.

8 Likes

And just below and to the right, there’s a one-dollar bill for $2.

10 Likes

And the pregnancy test bundled with Plan B, for $49, is the “bestseller.”

10 Likes

No condoms? I think that would be better for all than the Plan B.

7 Likes