Random Silly Grins

I love ellipses…

2 Likes

4 Likes

…they send me into orbit…

3 Likes

…………………………‽

Who cheats and uses three periods instead of using the proper ellipse character?

4 Likes

I use

's all the time.

4 Likes

If she did the theme from Game of Thrones it would sound pretty much the same.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Louis-Ferdinand Celine… not much of a random silly grin, but full of ellipses.

5 Likes

That’s randomly silly to me!

2 Likes

Best Emmy speech I’ve seen and heard in a long time, as well as one of the greatest bloopers in TV history (hint: it’s at the end)!

1 Like

He was a great writer, but a known collaborator with the nazis and his novels are incredibly dark, pessimistic works… with lots of eillipses.

3 Likes

Jacqueline Susann used them a lot, which I find to be adorably campy!

Now I know what Parler is.

5 Likes

This keeps popping up on my YT recommended list…SIGH, lol!

I knew it was social media, but not its slant. Like, is the right-wing version of Salon (instead of Parlor, though)? Plus, “parler” is the French verb “to talk”, so…

3 Likes

Haven’t watched that video, but my understanding was it’s basically yet another “when we post outright crap on twitter we get censored, we need a totally uncensored version of twitter!” thing. Which will most likely end up as a shrinking toxic bubble of crap-spewers talking to other crap-spewers until they realize that all the people they want to spew crap at won’t touch the service with a 10-foot-pole because, really, who wants to read that crap?

It’s almost like there’s a reason places like twitter and facebook got reputations of being unmoderated sewers and are now trying to clean up their image…

[Edit]Ok, had a chance to watch and… yuup. Also, “howdy arabia” definitely ranks up there with “y’all qaeda”.

7 Likes

yeah, exactly. it’s FB/Twitter, but for racists and nazis. apparently they insist it’s pronounced like “Parlor,” which drives me crazy. i refuse to say it any way but the French way, because that’s obviously what the developer(s) were thinking of, or if not they SHOULD have.

5 Likes

I like this, he’s sweet when he speaks of his grandmother.
Never forget.

1 Like

Trying to buy a pine tree to use as a Christmas tree, then plant.

I, uh.

6 Likes

#TeamJacob

3 Likes

Once you plant it, if it takes, you can make a fortune by selling off cuttings…

4 Likes