Random Silly Grins

8 Likes

If she had some sort of a projectile weapon, she could plug it herself.

Because it’s clean or because it’s off-kilter?

Clean was my first guess.

The original post reminded me of an old story about a D&D game, and this also fits right in. I can’t find the original source, I remember it having to do with a DM with language differences from the players. But it went along the lines of this one:

GM: You walk into the room and there’s a fountain, and uh, there’s a leak in it.
PCs: We explore.
GM: What are you going to do about the leak?
Halfing: Uh? Okay, I uh, stick my finger in it.
GM: Okay, it casts fireball on you…
PCs: WTF?

Turns out, some people pronounce “lich” that way…

2 Likes

Three five-leaf and one four-leaf clovers from the backyard of the house I grew up in on Wayburn in Detroit, MI:

1 Like

In The Mother Earth News, there was a cartoon, a one panel usually, drawn by a man named John something-or-other, and his characters had pointy noses and ping-pong ball type eyes.

Anyway, he did one of a gangster shooting a gun at a leek, who was so cute with lil feet and Xs for eyes; of course, the caption read, “Plugging a leek.”

2 Likes

Has anyone else been watching and laughing their ass off to the new “Hanging with Dr. Z” show? I’ve decided it’s pretty much perfect satire for Gen-Xers. Dana Gould has perfected his Dr. Zaius impersonation, and playing him as a super-dishy old hollywood personality is hilarious. There’s two episodes out now, and tomorrow (Monday) a new episode will drop:

There’s other stuff on youtube of him in his Dr. Z character, too. he’s apparently been doing it for years.

3 Likes

It would be funnier to me if he did it in the voice of Maurice Evans. Same personality, though.

Context for anyone unfamiliar with the ASL sign. Though I learned it with a hand position closer to what’s on the bag…

3 Likes

i kind of appreciate that he doesn’t attempt mimicry. i think his rummy mashup of Letterman, Carson, and Space Ghost hits the right note, heh.

2 Likes
10 Likes

Not sure how to interpret that, but on the surface it’s funny and a bit scary.

2 Likes

ISWYDT

4 Likes

Oh. Ha ha. That was unintentional.

2 Likes

I love Maurice Evann’s voice, though. And having him do a Robin-Leach-type would be fun.

The guy as he is now, however, is like a cross between Krusty the Klown and Space Ghost, the latter being almost too obvious.

1 Like

i see more Carson/Letterman than Krusty, but there’s definitely a dash of Krusty thrown in for good measure.

1 Like

This is great, and it also demonstrates what they call themselves; I forgot about “Indigenous”.

2 Likes
6 Likes

I agree. Sometimes I want to get mad at autocorrect, but I’m all out of ducks to give.

6 Likes

… when you’re from Boston.

3 Likes