Random Silly Grins

I guess I’m not seeing that . . . .

Speaking of cat-sinks, here’s Dyson:

4 Likes

She looks like she’s one-half of a Cone of Silence from “Get Smart”…or she’s eavesdropping on whatever’s going on on the other side of the wall…

2 Likes

Several years ago one of our cats had to wear the cone. At the time we lived on the second floor and the stairs had banister rails. She would try to go up or down the stairs like she’d always done before but the cone would get caught on the railing and just totally baffled her. She didn’t know what to do so she’d just sit there on the stairs until one of us got her.

3 Likes

Poor kitty! I suspect dogs probably deal with cones better.

Like listening with a glass up against the wall, while wearing the glass. :laughing:

4 Likes

Many years ago I had a young cat who had somehow developed a tender spot on her shoulder. She would lick at the tender area, making it sore.

Luckily I had many pairs of socks with totally stretched out elastic. I cut off the foot portion, leaving only the loose tube which would normally cover my calf.

By cutting a couple arm holes in these tubes, I turned them into “sweaters” to cover the wound until it healed. They were just the right size for her. She was able to go about her daily business without hindrance. No cone needed.

My mom nicknamed her “monkey” because of her passing resemblance to an organ grinder’s monkey wearing its little vest.

Never got any pictures, sorry.

5 Likes

Baby/toddler-sized t-shirts are supposed to work well, too.

2 Likes

Never even thought of that. I’ll remember that for the next time.

2 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes
11 Likes

This musta been around 1962-63 when he did this - my brother told his first-grade class he had a cathouse in the basement.

At that time, my family had two purebred Seal-Point Siamese cats, mother Bonnie (b. 9/1957) & daughter Tina (b. 9/1958).

3 Likes

For the youngs:

1 Like

7 Likes

Didn’t even need to play the audio. Every line is still implanted in my memory.

1 Like

I remember when it first aired. I was trying to find out if Micky had ever been on stage/recorded w/Ringo, perhaps in the All-Starr Band. But nope, nothing public. Or made public - yet. Anyhow, that’s how I came upon that neat ad.

1 Like
8 Likes

@CleverEmi

5 Likes

“W”.

Figured I’d put this here just in case, based on my fortune cookie today:
fortune

6 Likes

IRS?  

1 Like