Random Silly Grins

What’s really funny is how long it took for us to figure it out.

6 Likes
7 Likes

well, that website cost me 20 minutes.

Here, supposedly, is possibly the world’s longest sentence composed of two
letter words:

Oh, is it up to me to do in my Ma or Pa by an ax?

© William S. Sims

11 Likes

i can’t stop watching this dog GIF.

4 Likes

Is there really a dog up there??

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure there is not. Maybe he went up on the vomit comet, and photographed in minimal gravity, then photoshopped?

4 Likes

yeah, i don’t know for sure, but i suspect a bit of video editing at work here. it’s still so fun to watch, haha. i think @CleverEmi is right and it was filmed on the Vomit Comet.

4 Likes

The dog is wearing a harness and was filmed on earth.

Here am I floating in my can of dog food,
Far above the woof.
Fire hydrants are red,
And there’s nothing I can do-do.

10 Likes

Silly @RAvery.

Dogs are red-green colorblind. To a dog, fire hydrants are yellow.

6 Likes

Banksy just released a video stating originally the whole picture was to shred, not just most of it.

It also shows someone at the auction using a remote control to start the shredding.

6 Likes

I was sad when I learned he revealed the trick, but watching the extended cut video was even more satisfying than the original short.

http://www.banksy.co.uk/

5 Likes

I figured that it was either that, or it was triggered by someone watching the auction being broadcast.

If speech recognition was that advanced, wee wood knot half sew men e pop lamps wit dick tay shin.

6 Likes

So much in this one thread. Warning: maaaasybe don’t read this while you’re eating.

10 Likes

Read while eating breakfast, found it delightfully funny.:scream:

3 Likes

I can’t believe the shit that some women have to deal with.

6 Likes

This is why you have to go out and date. Even though you are your own worst critic, in fact you are friggin’ Prince Charming in comparison to most of what we have to put up with.

6 Likes

Heh. If I were my own worst critic, people would be lining up to date me. I’m multitalented, musical, intelligent, literate, sensitive, romantic, funny, somewhat athletic, not-bad-looking, and a whole bunch of other things (but not, apparently, “humble”). My worst qualities are that I’m shy, indecisive, and easily distr- oooh butterfly!

No, when I can’t seem to even get responses on dating websites from the people who have clicked the button to express interest in me, I think my problem is that everyone else is my worst critic.

This is another reason why I made the decision (now reversed) that I should give up on dating: the fact that no one seems to agree with me about how great I am is probably the only thing keeping my ego in check.

Edit to add:
In Into the Woods (first in the song “A Very Nice Prince,” and then reprised, hilariously, in “Agony”), Cinderella’s Prince is described as, “sensitive, clever, well-mannered, considerate, passionate, charming, as kind as he’s handsome, as wise as he’s rich” (in “Agony,” that last phrase is, “and heir to a throne”). Well, wisdom in proportion to my wealth would not be flattering to the former (but is probably accurate), and I try to be considerably kinder than I am handsome, and I definitely need to be better on “considerate” (and, apparently, “charming” is right off the table along with “heir to a throne”), but…

Okay, now I’m looking at the list of caveats I have to add to the lyric that was supposed to illustrate that I am pretty close to being Prince Charming, and you know what, never mind. I don’t want to be some rich “charming, not sincere,” member of the ruling class, anyway.

5 Likes

Cecil Adams, the columnist who wrote The Straight Dope, was once asked to determine a list of all the two-letter words that are legal for Scrabble game play; to which he replied:

Oh, me no do it. If so, it do me in.

13 Likes
11 Likes

14 Likes