Ranking Beatles

I could never stand that guy. If he were just some guy without a famous daddy, he’d have no career to speak of.

Uh oh, I like No. 213.

7 Likes

Prince: Right, I’m going to show you lot how it’s done.

5 Likes

I have never understood the obsession we have with a band whose core catalogue is about 50 years old. We were never this obsessed with Glenn Miller 25 years ago. It’s just more of the Boomers asserting their cultural dominance over everyone else.

7 Likes

To his credit, besides being a mainstay at Beatles tribute events, he at least didn’t start making “I’m George Harrison’s son!” albums right away, and instead made a bunch of pretty terrible music as thenewno2 with some other guys, which predictably didn’t really go anywhere, since it’s pretty awful. He’s apparently got a solo album coming under his own name, and I’m very curious as to whether it’ll be a vanity project or will stand on its own.

3 Likes

Well… I was.

Since then, I’ve matured to Fletcher Henderson.

8 Likes

This is from one of the BEST THINGS EVER which is The Concert for George. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Edited to say that clip is not from Concert for George but that is still an amazing show to watch.

George
Jeff Lynne
Billy Preston
John
Paul
Ringo

but if we are looking at The Yellow Submarine movie then

Ringo
Paul
John
George

5 Likes

I’m GenX, myself, and I feel like Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey, The Andrews Sisters, and so many folks from that era are woefully underappreciated.

10 Likes

Prince:

Hold my beer!

He tore it up.

7 Likes

I grew up with all the Beatles albums and thought I’d never get sick of them, but nowadays I turn the channel when they come on, even my fave Abbey Road. I don’t know why the switch hit on them but though I certainly appreciate all they did, they no longer feel fresh to me.

I’ve been in a music rut lately. I like the station I listen to but no one is exciting me.

6 Likes

It was planned.

4 Likes

Well, not a big surprise that it was, given Prince’s history of pushing for ever greater control of his body of work.

4 Likes

I have to admit that this was a big reason for me making this topic. The level of engagement with these guys is fascinating and I admit to it myself. Everyone seems to have an opinion about The Beatles!

5 Likes
  1. The late 70s white convertibles were the most elegant take on the typically ungainly bug

2. Yellow hard top is the classic look, 1980s Bumblebee agrees

3. My childhood will never let me forget the Love Bug

4. NOOO STAHHHHP

12 Likes

Hey, that’s Bruce Campbell in the first picture of #3! I never knew he did any Love Bug movies. :astonished:

4 Likes

How’d it take us almost 55 answers to get a VW bug ranking…

I want no. 1 and no. 4 doesn’t count!

4 Likes

I didn’t realize it either!

1 Like

7 Likes
  1. Sir James Paul McCartney
  2. George Harrison
  3. Richard Starkey/Ringo Starr
  4. John Winston/Ono Lennon
    (5. Murray the K Kaufman) :wink:

Revolver
"It’s All Too Much" – Yellow Submarine soundtrack

“Blow Away” single by George Harrison
London Town album by Wings
"Mama Told Me There’d Be Days Like These" single by John Lennon
"Photograph" single by Ringo Starr

I hope I passed the audition!

6 Likes

My fifteen-year-old is still sore at the Germans for bombing the life out of Al Bowlly in 1943.

4 Likes