Redoubtable Downtown Space Abbey - Players Handbook

Unfortunately not as yet - the problematic synergies appear to be systemic at this time. Actions are likely to become available to diminish or mitigate problematic synergies in due time.

3 Likes

I assume that as before, accommodation moves won’t take place until after the dinner?

Are citizen guests able to attend multiple dinners? Should we coordinate with our fellow players before inviting them via the public ledger, or is that sufficient?

3 Likes

Correct: accommodation changes will take place after the dinner. Citizen guests are able to attend multiple dinners. Inviting via the public ledger is sufficient. If for some reason one wishes to turn down an invitation that has been extended, that can be done via PM to me directly.

3 Likes

Is our cashflow in Turn 8 identical to turn 7? One must be able to budget lest one exceed one’s line of credit and be forced to alternative avenues for cash.

3 Likes

The same - in fact turns 7 and 8 are probably best viewed as two halves of the same turn with turn 7 being the results of turn 6 and turn 8 being the turn options.

2 Likes

How can one be an heir if one cannot inherit?

3 Likes

Excellent point that was entirely overlooked in my rush to use the phrase ‘Taking the Heirs’. :face_with_head_bandage:

In keeping with the spirit of the world of Jane Austen, verbiage has been updated to remove heir-specific wording. Children still have an even chance of being True Citizens or Citizen-Pretenders at birth, and only True Citizens may be considered heirs.

4 Likes

Can I please get a clarification here?

This is the second third time in as many days that I’ve seen the implication that when a CP weds a TC, the former is also granted the rank of TC themselves (the first and second were both posts in Leviathan’s, the second of which has since been deleted).

Can you please confirm whether this is indeed the case?

3 Likes

Citizen-Pretenders do not technically become True Citizens once pair bonded. Although they have avoided poverty and spinsterhood and have received a degree of social standing by successfully getting pair bonded, they still lack the legal rights granted to True Citizens. Although they may wear their newfound status and economic security with pride and distinction, the courts still consider them to be Citizen-Pretenders for all legal purposes.

The nuances of class structure on Weatherby are often easy to misinterpret, even for those that have been here a while.

(Tagging @pogo @Tom_Ratchetcrank @David_Falkayn @Eighth for clarification)

3 Likes

Do they get membership of Leviathan’s, or do they have to keep hanging out in the alley?

2 Likes

I don’t know about you but I go to Levithan’s to get away from them all.

Hrrrumph. I hate to have to find some other social club to frequent.

8 Likes

They’re certainly welcome to inquire if their partner is about, but membership at Leviathan’s is reserved for True Citizens. Members-only clubs do exist to cater to the needs of Citizen-Pretenders, and they should be expecting an invite in a short while.

5 Likes

Hear! Hear!

4 Likes

Is the public database up to date?

2 Likes

Hare Heir Hair Inheritance sounds like a good Bug Bunny/Elmer Fudd short.

5 Likes

Sadly, it is not up to date at the moment - but I hope to have it up to date here in a bit.

5 Likes

No pressure, just checking. I thought maybe some fancy computer program kept it updated. I didn’t realize you have to plug in the numbers each turn.

When is your cyborg robot slave going to arrive to help you run these games?

5 Likes

It’s the damn auditors from Price Watermoose that keep him tied up double checking numbers.

6 Likes

How much do we contribute to the effort?

Prepare 3 offense

Doesn’t say how much. Can we not choose how much or little to donate? Is this a permanent reduction in that level?

3 Likes

Neither. The effort requires nothing in terms of monetary investment, just time and personal ability invested over the coming season. The stat involved contributes directly to the respective cause without causing that stat to be diminished.

5 Likes