WAGER 28 Sly Rejoinder
INVEST 3 767
5 Likes

RENT Luxurious apartment
BUY Patriotic Cloisonné Pin
INVEST 3 1071

ZAM6

6 Likes

St-Patrick-Hartbrooke considers hiring a barrister, but decides against it for this season. Rumour has reached his ears that Karekin is planning on suing the metaphorical pants off of the blackhearted, Janus-faced, deplorable sentient who diverted much-needed funds away from the medical mission. And while it’s true that the Space Griffin could probably take advantage of his status and hire the attorney out from under the financier, it matters little to him who gets the money so long as it’s not that one.

That one has enough properties of dubious provenance that pure chance may result in redistribution from the wicked to the righteous even without action. As such, the Taaa’Keee will leave matters in the Lord’s, and Mr. Karekin’s, capable hands.

Besides, there is a much more important and urgent matter at hand: the rescue of the medical convoy. The lion’s share of his income must, by all means, be contributed towards this worthy cause; he is, after all, one of the few who can make such a contribution.

Most of the income will go there, but not all, however. The Governor’s Ball approaches, and St-Patrick-Hartbrooke has the unshakeable feeling that now is the proper time to move into a better dwelling; such a thing might make all the difference in the season ahead. He shall also keep on his physician; another season like this last one, if God should desire such a thing, and he will once again be the picture of health.

Finally, after spartan season as the one previous, he would indulge himself slightly (but only slightly) — his choice for mayoral candidate is not what he would consider the “patriotic” one, so he feels the need to display his loyalty to the King more overtly.

Still, he will not go overboard; he will refrain from purchasing anything particularly expensive, and he will not gamble away funds which could be better spent to assist the plague victims of Weatherby.

The decision made, he commits his choices to the Public Ledger and awaits news of the fate of the medical supplies with bated breath.

RENT Proper Apartment
INVEST 2 361
BUY Patriotic Cloisonné Pin
7 Likes

Hey, @Old

I just remembered that votes must be PMs to Bartlebot in order to be counted!

3 Likes

The air burns tonight with the screeching scream of a thousand tons of gleaming steel pushing against the might of a planet’s atmosphere only to end with a not too distant boom

A bedraggled space sailor stumbles into the room while the gathered gentlesentients politely ignore the state of his still-blazing clothes

Beg you pardons kind folk, Cmdr. Capstanturnbuckle sends along this message with his apologies, seems another landing- while an entirely successful landing I must assure you- as the ship has found the ground, is detained in the outskirts where it seems the shanty town got underneath 'em.

Ah, yes, beggin’ your pardon miss, ah yes, you (looks at @Hadley), if you aren’t in a mind to finish that drink could you be so kind as to pour it on my back? I seems to still be slightly on fire.

INVEST 3 700
BUY Vacation in South Weatherby
BUY Patriotic Cloisonne Pin
WAGER Preston's Crumpet 30

7 Likes

boop!

Well. Done! Well done, everyone! So many Leviathans burning the midnight oil to find their place in these essential times! Ama-zing to see all the records added to the Ledger in time!

borp

Please note! Orders for Turn 5 begin below.

4 Likes

“My pleasure” _says Lady Elizabeth as she pours her drink onto his back. The flames ignight higher and then sizzle out. Lady Elizabeth notices that her new bonnet has been singed so she turns over the corner. _

6 Likes

I thankee, ma’am.

The sailor dutifully sees himself out before expiring

6 Likes

Orders for ‘Turn 5’ begin below.

4 Likes

Three scotches later, with the sound of the clattering press drowning out everything but his own thoughts (hearing protection? Yes, he remembers something about that being a rule. His rule. Yeah, good, so he can break it, right? Makes sense) Liv comes to a decision.

It’s all bullshit, anyways. He might as well. It’s a lead. What’s the worst that could happen?

Better th’n spending time listening to those airheads prattle and pretend that the desperate preening and bowing is anything less than prostitution. They could at least be honest about it. That’s the problem. Th’ 'pocrisy surrounding the whole thing. It’s like deliberately cocooning yourself in an arachnoid’s web and then pretending it’s anything other than suicide.

He makes his way to the bettor’s window and carefully counts out a stack of notes.

Wager: Elbow Groom, 400

ATTEND: 0
HIRE: 0
BUY: Fashionable Outfit £200
5£ Dr. Arbuckle’s Whipweed Tonic Wine (Not for consumption)
10£ Ms. Merrimoose’s Soothing Syrup (Not for consumption)
15£ Franklin Gooseberry’s Remarkable Colloidal Seryl (Not for consumption)

8 Likes

[ Rounder wobbles around his spartan apartment in his dressing gown, despite the late hour of the day ]

Oooooooohhhhhhh, I   d o n ’ t
        knooooooooowwwwwww

why       I   chose this aaaaaaaappppparrrrrrrrrtmmmmmmmmmmmeennnnnnnnnnt
in delightfully runnnnnn-dowwwwwnnnnnnnn Ten Path,  b   u   t

it seeeems       n     i c e
         doessssssnnnnnn’t IT

Diiiii   c k      ?  ?

Is that

you,       Dick        ?

[ Rounder reaches out, touches something flat, solid ]

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, w a l l p a p e r, this   i s
     t h e       moooooooosssssssst b e s t est

waaaaaalllllllllpaaaaaperrrrrrrrrr .

I
   feeeeelllll l i ke     danciiiiinnnngggggggggg…

Attend 5
Wager Captain Rocket 600
Buy Remarkable Ornamentation
Buy Dr. Arbuckle’s Whipweed Tonic Wine
Buy Ms. Merrimoose’s Soothing Syrup
Buy Franklin Gooseberry’s Remarkable Colloidal Seryl

[ Spins around several times before collapsing on the floor, laughing all the while ]

11 Likes

Attend 2
Hire Pony and Trap
Rent Fashionable Apartment (same one I had before, so no moving fees, please)

I do hope Her Honor recognizes the seriousness of a Society Lizard who doesn’t waste precious resources on a frivolous carriage rental that is so obviously designed to turn the heads of the slackjawed empty-headed dilettanti. Important matters are at hand, and I simply must be heard.

And if there’s any hope at all for the Captain’s soul, I hope to find it at the Ball.

11 Likes

Rent Proper Apartment 200
Hire Sporty Gig 200
Buy Remarkable Ornamentation 400
Attend 4

7 Likes

Rent Proper Apartment
Hire Hansom Cab
Attend 4
Wager Spiny Echidna 101

6 Likes

cough cough cough

I was like stuck up in that tree for hours! Just Like a dirty shopping bag, blown by the wind. I like think I’m thinking straight, but I feel so terrible. But you know what space ledger? Hallucinating on back alley tonics gives you perspective!

Like, what have I been doing with my life? Amassing this fortune in this tiny apartment! I might even die tomorrow maybe! But not before I go to that ball, and get my moneys worth at the buffet!!!

Glob, treat every day like its your last! Maybe I’ll even fall in love.

heart

Rent Hansom Cab
Rent Fashionable apartment
Buy Franklin Gooseberrys Remarkable Colloidal Seryl
Attend 5
Wager Mind The Grease 200
9 Likes

ATTEND 5
HIRE Sporty Gig
HIRE Marshal
RENT Proper apartment
BUY Remarkable Ornamentation

6 Likes

Attend 4
Hire Pony and Trap
Rent Fashionable Apartment
Buy Dr. Arbuckle’s Whipweed Tonic Wine
Buy Ms. Merrimoose’s Soothing Syrup
Buy Franklin Gooseberry’s Remarkable Colloidal Seryl
Wager Spiny Echidna 133

6 Likes

I’m beginning to wonder if less might be more when it comes to ornamentation.

3 Likes