Redoubtable Downtown Space Abbey - Public Ledger

[Quick Link: Table of Contents]

Orders will may be submitted either via the public ledger or via a private message to @Bartlebot. Orders must be submitted in full regardless of the method chosen, as any new order submission will overwrite the former set of orders. Orders submitted in private to @Bartlebot will incur a minor rank penalty due to the subterfuge involved but will only be applied once per turn - i.e. one may submit multiple sets of orders to @Bartlebot while only incurring the secrecy penalty once. Furthermore, if the final set of orders submitted is recorded in the public ledger, no rank penalty is applied.

Submitting a set of public orders for all to see while subsequently submitting a set of private orders to override that public intention is entirely acceptable.

Quick links:

1 Like

Orders for ‘Turn 1 - Welcome to Weatherby!’ begin below.

[GM Note: I have not yet finished revamping the bot code for order submission. Orders for turn 1 will be processed manually by myself for the time being as I fully expect to have the automated submission process updated for the next turn]

1 Like

Invest 1 310
Wager Stroppy Bottom 25
Rent Spartan Apartment
Buy Signet Ring
Buy Quill and Inkpot

3 Likes

St-Patrick-Hartbrooke sits down at his desk, five pieces of mail on front of him, as well as a catalogue, a listing of accommodations within the city, and a copy of the Times.

After opening all of his mail, it seems, to the Taaa’keee’s vast surprise, that every one of the correspondences are requests for money.

I do not know what they desire from me, he muses to himself, it seems to be the case that with an increase of funds comes a corresponding increase in the difficulties therewith.

Three of the candidates are discarded easily: a printing press is a vulgar enterprise, not suited for one of his station; St-Patrick-Hartbrooke has no desire for land besides his own estate at Hartbrooke Hall; and the Space Griffin is not one to do anything vicariously, much less exploring.

Two envelopes remain: a plea for funds from his beloved Madam Scallopini’s, and a rather tempting investment in an import/export business.

After some time considering, St-Patrick-Hartbrooke lays aside both sentiment and the letter from his alma mater, and makes a note to invest in the import/export business.

That done, he picks up the list of accommodations. The best lodging on the list is, of course, out of the question, due to the expense involved. The other two listings are both in decent neighborhoods, so the social gains from the more expensive apartment do not grant proportionally higher status… But St-Patrick-Hartbrooke cannot see himself living in a “Spartan” accommodation. Another note is made.

With the main questions answered, the gentleman considers what he wants in frivolities. Gambling is, of course, a tax on those who do not understand mathematics, but it can also be an amusement. The name “Argonaut” catches his eye - appropriate, given his species’ nickname’s connection to mythology. He decides to place a token bet.

That completed, he scans the catalogue and picks a trinket out for as a housewarming gift for himself.

Invest 2 250
Wager Argonaut 25
Rent Modest Apartment
Buy Quill and Inkpot
7 Likes

Look lively, Qaaxtzl. I need you to go earn your keep. Firstly, we must establish some rooms suitably close to Wight’s. Please find us something appropriate.

With tolerable economy, I think keeping me in clothes might be done with £800, but lamentably, we do not appear to have access to such an amount at this time. Nevertheless, appearances must be maintained. Please engage my regular tailor on Breville Row.

Finally, now that I am a citizen again, we must find something to replace those military stirrings. I read that there are opportunities in shipping to those of means. Please seek those out and make the appropriate arrangements.

The remainder I leave to you to do as you will.

2 Likes

I have sssomme orders for my massster.

Invest 2 80
Rent Modest Apartment 200
Buy Fancy Monocle
Buy Scarlet Sash
Buy Signet Ring

And with that, I think a trip to the turf accountant isss in order.

Wager Argonaut 10

4 Likes

Invest 1 200
Rent Spartan Apartment
Buy Scarlet Sash
Buy Quill and Inkpot
Wager Hamdinger

3 Likes

Invest 4 200
Wager: None (Betting is for punters)
Rent Spartan Apartment
Buy Scarlet Sash
Buy Quill and Inkpot

4 Likes

bzzzt!

Err-or! A wager must include an amount!

ding!

2 Likes

Oh, I do beg your pardon! All the excitement of wagering made me lose my train of thought.

Wager 50 Hamdinger

3 Likes

Invest 1 330
Wager Bricklayer 20
Buy Quill and Inkpot
Buy Signet Ring
Buy Fancy Monocle

3 Likes

Igor!

Yes Master?

Your annual wages are due this month.

Thank you, Master.

I will invest them for you in an lagine enterprise. A winner would pay off handsomly indeed.

Oh, thank you Master!

Mwa-ha-ha!!!

3 Likes

BUY Fancy Monocle
BUY Scarlet Sash
BUY Signet Ring
BUY Quill and Inkpot
INVEST 1 325
WAGER HAMDINGER 0

2 Likes

Say, that’s a hell of a bold wager, Mister Hi-Roller.

3 Likes

Igor gets paid everything he’s worth.

Thank you, Master.

7 Likes

Invest 4 300
Rent spartan apartment
Buy scarlet sash
Wager cheeky ballasts 50

2 Likes

Invest 1 200
Rent modest apartment
Buy signet ring

2 Likes

Invest 1 350
Rent Spartan apartment
Buy Scarlet Sash

2 Likes

Invest 2 199
Wager Argonaut 1
Rent Spartan Apartment
Buy Fancy Monocle
Buy Scarlet Sash
Buy Signet Ring
Buy Quill and Inkpot

2 Likes

Invest 1 425
Buy Scarlet Sash

[You feel beautiful]

{OOC: Request has been made to remove my GIFs due to epilepsy concerns, sorry to those affected!}

10 Likes