RIP. Don't let the door hit where you split

my favorite part is how bush’s damn DOG is getting more press than the thousands of people who died of AIDS under his watch.

15 Likes

Nobody posted this yet?

7 Likes

George HW Bush to lie in state

Is it wrong to say something like “won’t be the first time he lied in front of the nation”?

TBH, when he was running for president I was totally in favor of him over Gore. But then the election was a shitshow and what followed during his reign went beyond shitshow level. I guess the one good thing I can say is that I learned a lot from that.

11 Likes

You are probably talking about his son, not him

6 Likes

Could definitely be talking about Bush v. Dukakis.

2 Likes

It’s bad enough there going to be days worth of memorials and white washing of his presidency on TV.

Now there’s going to be no fucking mail service on Wednesday.

http://about.usps.com/newsroom/statements/120318-usps-operating-status-national-day-of-mourning.htm

Because God forbid some of us are expecting packages that day.

7 Likes

One wonders if the fawning would have been as much for Bill.

7 Likes

I don’t get it. We didn’t do all this shit when Reagan died.

8 Likes

Who knows? I suspect there will be. Both Bush 41 and Clinton did some really shitty things as president, but compared to the presidents who followed, they’re only trashcan fires among dumpster fires.

That’s good, because he certainly didn’t deserve it either.

EtA: Gerald Ford died? Should we start a thread?

11 Likes

Okay, I think that’s officially the only time I’ve found that joke funny.

6 Likes

gerald-ford-fall

6 Likes

Oh, those simpler times, when a man walked with his wife and held an umbrella over her head.

8 Likes

“No, I got it.”

“No, allow me, how would it look if I—”

“—dragged me down with you?”

6 Likes

Yup. I remember it like it was just a couple of years ago.

5 Likes

I’m pretty astounded by how little I care that this man is dead.

10 Likes

It was kind of amusing seeing footage of Trump looking visibly annoyed while “pressing F to pay respects” by the casket yesterday.

10 Likes

Whoops. I was. I misread the news and thought it was the younger one.

Fun memory - when the gulf war broke out we were assigned to do a report about it in school and what we thought would happen. The teacher pulled me aside after class to talk because I was the one kid who didn’t write rah-rah patriotism but instead looked at the situation in the middle east and predicted that we’d be stuck there for 25+ years, unable to achieve a decisive victory, since we were geared up for high-intensity warfare but would be stuck in ongoing low-intensity warfare, not entirely unlike Vietnam. I was that kid.

12 Likes

If it were the younger one I’d be dancing in the streets, no fucks given.

6 Likes

I had to look that one up. But it sounds exactly what trumpty dumpty would do.

6 Likes

Yeah, that was maybe a bit obscure but it just felt so appropriate.

9 Likes