RIP. Don't let the door hit where you split

Dunno that we have the right thread for this doodyhead’s demise. “Let the door hit where you split” seems more appropriate.

6 Likes

What did the poor door ever do to you?!

6 Likes

Doors are tough. I’m sure they can inflict more damage than they take, even endure the sh*t stains hitting someone like Doodyh David Koch would leave on them…

4 Likes
12 Likes

I love this comment:

“I was very saddened this morning to learn that David Koch didn’t die a lot sooner.”

11 Likes

This is unkind, so I’ll just whisper.

Overall I give Koch dying 4 stars. Not as satisfying as Phyllis Schlaffly, but close.

11 Likes

Fuck 'im.

11 Likes

Not even for the obscene amount of money his wife is going to inherit.

5 Likes

Nephew, apparently.

6 Likes

The Murdoch-owned WSJ insists we applaud Koch’s corpse for all the money he directed to “charity” during his life as if that made him a better person than the rest of us.

Why haven’t you donated a billion dollars to charity, @ChickieD?

Obviously you don’t care about stuff the way he did /s

12 Likes

Yes. I’m a lesser being because I have not funded a bunch of bullshit organizations to deny climate change.

8 Likes

That’s hilarious!

4 Likes

Sadly, the original post has been taken down for “violating Twitter’s rules” but the best response I have seen so far is easily Ron Perlman saying “I wish the Koch brothers a speedy reunion.”

18 Likes
16 Likes

Came here to post the same news, except from the BBC:

14 Likes

I haven’t seen his death covered anywhere yet, but this is a fair look at why I think it belongs in this thread instead of the general RIP one:

5 Likes

Princess Weekes" articles always start off as something I agree with and then wind up cringing at. That she had a Masters degree does not compliment higher education.

I just yelled “Russia counts as Western culture because of Peter the Great, and it’s not Russia in general, but Moscow-centric!” at my phone.

Harold Bloom was presented as the old guard which was giving way to new ways of looking at literature even back when I was an undergrad in the 90s.

5 Likes

Thanks for posting… he sounded like a real shithead. And I hate the whole concept of a “western canon” in literature, honestly.

6 Likes

The whole idea that it is white men’s place to decide what is worthy of inclusion I am just so over.

5 Likes

His comments about Alice Walker… ugh…

6 Likes