RIP. We'll miss you

2 Likes

I’m posting this late because I thought someone else may’ve done so, but seems not.

I learned about baseball so I could have something that would bridge the communication gap between me and my father. This guy was no hot dog, in my dad’s parlance - he was a real player.

4 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Wikipedia is reporting it, too (probably based off fbook) but no media mentions, yet.

9 Likes

This is horrible in personal and national ways.

7 Likes

Goddamn 2020. Stop. Enough.

9 Likes

International.

6 Likes

Terrible, terrible news. But I suspect RBG just couldn’t go on after so many bouts of cancer.

4 Likes

I’m absolutely, positively certain all the Republicans who blocked Obama’s replacement nomination because it was too close to the election will all patiently wait until the outcome of this one is decided and then (assuming a Trump loss) refrain from trying to push something through before the Inauguration.

…man, we’re screwed.

5 Likes

I hate it when obituary headlines try to sum-up a life with one event.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Anyone here remember “Brian’s Song”?

I hope there’s some suitable memorial for him.

4 Likes
3 Likes

the new york times ran this as well:

5 Likes

He and Lynn Swann (still with us) of the Steelers. I knew they were important because as a young girl, my dad praised them. And my dad would watch just about any sport - not just those with balls (lolz). I mean, he woulda watched badminton had it been telecast! And cricket. But he drew the line at Canadian football.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Came here to post that. Figures it would be a big deal to you too!

Edited to add missing words, because apparently my English is done for the day.

4 Likes

Damnit.

2 Likes