RIP. We'll miss you

Hard to mourn the person who released Muskrat Love into the world.

3 Likes

But what about Love Will Keep us Together? What about his work with the Beach Boys? Not to mention the Bionic damned Watermelon!

7 Likes

I had to look it up to see if it was real. Yes itā€™s on YouTube.

When I was five, this was the funniest thing Iā€™d ever seen.

5 Likes

(As cheesy as this song is lyrically, I love Dragonā€™s Moog in this.)

Plus, how awesome of a name is Daryl Dragon?

As far as Iā€™m concerned his work with the Beach Boys (both individually and collaboratively) more than makes up for Muskrat Love.

5 Likes

My mom went to college with Toni Tenille. She signed my momā€™s yearbook, praising her chicken salad.

10 Likes

Your mom went to Auburn?

4 Likes

The ageless romance between Susie and Sam must not be denigrated.

5 Likes

Alabama. Roll Tide. Last 2 years of college. First 2 at my alma mater, Newcomb College of Tulane University - back when it really was a womenā€™s college.

4 Likes

Newcomb is known for its pottery, right?

1 Like

Mustnā€™t it? I mean, really.

1 Like

Yes. Before my time but it is a thing.

2 Likes

Where people drive SUVs just so they can maximize the size of their A magnets.

4 Likes

Itā€™s true. When I was recently back in Alabama I was surprised how I forgot how deep the Auburn/Alabama rivalry is. I stopped at a Starbucks in some no manā€™s land at the north of the state and there was a young lady flirting with the barista - starting with the very first question one asks in Alabama - are you an Auburn fan or an Alabama fan? Because they assign that at birth.

4 Likes

Nightmare memories of family gatherings in Birmingham

7 Likes

Itā€™s like Ohio State / Michigan on steroids.

4 Likes

An Auburn grad in our lab once made zucchini bread with a garlic clove, saying ā€œA clove is the round thing with a lot of smaller pieces, right?ā€

4 Likes

Dragon breath for a week.

On the other hand, I coat the bulb in oil and roast the everlovin poop out of it. Much milder flavor. I recommend it absolutely.

5 Likes

Mmmmm. Spready.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s way better than my mother having attended high school with Morton Downey Jr.

8 Likes

My dad went to school with Burt Bacharach, and I went to school with Moby.

10 Likes