RIP. We'll miss you

I can’t say I was ever a fan… but…

2 Likes

I’d forgotten to post this here, too:

It’s being reported that Arleen Sorkin, the original voice actor for Harley Quinn, has passed away.

Other Old Farts like me might remember she was on Days Of Our Lives as a character named Calliope (and that zany character was one of the influences for Harley.) Her romantic partner was played by a younger John DeLancie. (I didn’t watch Days much at that age, but it came on after the news at noon, and the few scenes of hers I saw were memorable.)

6 Likes

Does nobody remember the sexual harassment suit filed by Dian Parkinson, who backed down because it was too overwhelming for her?

4 Likes

Apparently not, because not a single thing I read or heard about Barker’s death mentioned it… enraging.

4 Likes

I saw a couple of passing references to harassment in general, as a footnote. Most of the country seemed content to give him a pass. I was not. I, for one, was not saddened by his death.

6 Likes

Me neither. I’m a Bill Cullen gal.

1 Like

Another musician. I guess they do come in threes.

5 Likes

Big part of my growing up.

I was looking him up to see if he was still alive. Damn!
EDIT: This may be a hoax. One article stated his dod as the 3rd. Waiting to find more.
A clue may be that the Wikipedia article above doesn’t have the box above it stating that it’s about a recently deceased person and is being edited.

3 Likes

He’s still alive - I bet no one is more relieved than he is!

4 Likes
4 Likes

The afterlife will be stoned.
https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/jay-thelin-psychedelic-shop-owner-obituary-18301548.php

3 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

I’ve actually been to one of his concerts. My mother and her sister were fans so one time when my aunt and her daughter happened to live near where he would be performing, I drove my mother there and we had homemade cheesecake and coffee for dinner (yup, that was dinner) and then went to the concert. Don’t remember anything about it, and I was a huge folkie so that’s saying something!

2 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

I wonder what the real deal was between he and Jill Ireland and Charles Bronson?

My mom liked him in “The Invisible Man” tv series, as did I.

4 Likes

He was the last remaining original cast member of NCIS. One of my favorite moments from that series was when some character asked Gibbs what Ducky, played by McCallum, looked liked when he was younger, Gibbs answered “Illya Kuryakin”. He was also a gifted composer and musician, and one of his songs was heavily sampled by Dr. Dre on The Next Episode. He was a multitalented artist, for sure.

5 Likes

Terry Kirkman on fipple flute:

3 Likes