Ron Wyden is a secret brony

Fan fiction. Write it.

4 Likes

6 Likes

I think Cory was confused about the article – he tends to scan the first paragraph and photos and sort of makes things up from there. I’m guessing he saw TechDirt’s silly rainbows-and-sunshine mockup of an ID card and thought it was something Wyden actually had something to do with, and then went on to tag him as a senator from Equestria.

6 Likes

My imagination! It’s out of control!

6 Likes

Nah, we all know that the politician with an extensive knowledge of My little pony is President Bill Clinton.

No, seriously:

7 Likes

Hang on – how old was Chelsea when MLP was a thing? My brother and SIL know a frightening amount of Spongebob Squarepants trivia thanks to the nieces.

1 Like

I know way too much MLP because it’s wonderful, to be fair. :rofl:

(And waaaaaay too much Steven Universe, because it’s everything I want in a cartoon - and I’ll cut anyone who says different! :wink:)

5 Likes

We’re not allowed to say different? I thought different was the definition of a happy space mutant… :confused:

5 Likes

…and passionate, and frequently ranty.

3 Likes

We’re not allowed to say passionate or rarity either? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Aaaaand now we’re back to MLP. :grin:

And to be fair Awkward and Non-conformist should surely be in there too.

(Plus, I didn’t say people couldn’t have Opinions about Steven Universe… :upside_down_face:)

Oh, OK. I was worried. I thought I was losing some of my favourite words… (What’s a Steven Universe? Is that an instance of the multiverse?)

3 Likes

A brilliant cartoon on Cartoon Network. Fair warning: if you start from the beginning, you may think it’s just a super silly cartoon about a rather annoying kid yelling about his cheeseburger backpack a lot, and wonder what the point is. In truth it’s one of the most amazing examples of rich worldbuilding and gender/race inclusivity I’ve seen in animation.

3 Likes

Ah. So an instance of the multiverse indeed.

4 Likes

This may be, but I still can’t stop thinking about it as a super silly cartoon about an annoying kid.

I lost interest after the first few episodes I saw, but was pulled back in after a season or so, when Steven became a lot more mature and the plot started revolving around the interstellar conflict of Gems and the relationships between the various Crystal Gems rather than Steven whining about sandwiches or something.

2 Likes

Ah. Sorry I missed this.
@nungesser has the truth of it, though, so we’re covered.

It also messes with gender roles, in the nicest, sweetest, way. It (is) rocks. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes