Should we mass-invite all regulars right now?

Yup. It was previously sent to people in the psuedo-lounge threads (meta and kvetch)

2 Likes

I think if the url is going to change and the configuration needs to still be tweaked (?), it may be better to hold off until it’s all resolved.

5 Likes

Indeed! I signed up before I even read anything about invites, and PMd the resident elves about this.

1 Like

didn’t @tekna do this, also?

still not seeing mindysan or donald petersen. seems odd if the regs all got PM’d. maybe they’re on vacation or something?

2 Likes

I’ve invited Mindy, though I heartily recommend that your or other long timers send a personal invite as well.

Rolling out invites in batches of 80

2 Likes

Mindy said that she wanted to see what happens at BBS before jumping ship, iirc. I have a sneaking suspicion she’ll be here before too long…

7 Likes

6 Likes

And when she discovers that we lack the bandwidth for animated gifs?

7 Likes

Eyeroll.gif

3 Likes

It’s actually storage I’m more concerned with than bandwidth at the moment. We’re only at about 60MiB out of 30GiB right now, so we’ve got some wiggle room.

6 Likes

13 Likes

Am I the only one waiting on the explosions?

2 Likes

tina_fey_30_rock_that’s_a_deal-breaker.gif

6 Likes

I know it’s been said elsewhere (heh) but I really like seeing everyone’s avatars again.

12 Likes

Agreed! It’s been frustrating trying to figure out who Liked who over there.

11 Likes

How about all the folks banned? I didn’t hear about this until I spoke to one of the few other site members I knew via linkedin.

2 Likes

I’ve reached out to @othermichael. @japh is the new incarnation of ol’ japhro. I believe Renke has an invitation as well.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to invite @M_M? Ketchup on pizza aside, he was Good People.

8 Likes

Modus came back to BBS and seemed sincerely and out of character truly upset by everything that had happened following his ban. I know others had sent him pm about coming elsewhere. Has he responded or come over yet. I miss his posts.

9 Likes

He’s aware of here.

6 Likes