Site Bugs?

2 Likes

Not sure if you figured this out or not but there’s a fix for this shit UI (one that I’ve had numerous heated conversations with Jeff about on TOP since it’s perfect and I’m just being annoying).

Go to the Interface settings and uncheck this:

It’s per-session so it won’t persist across browsers.

8 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

This is getting worse BTW. Not sure if it’s on my end or the server’s. Anything I can try to help with troubleshooting?

5 Likes

Not really a bug per-se, but I rebooted and got logged out of everything and noticed that the giant icon notification is still up, but may not be relevant anymore.

Side note, it’s nice that the Arrivals Lounge and Welcome thread show up pinned to the top for new users and have good snippets. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

It just happened to me, and it’s definitely not a timing issue.

This post is currently showing as “unread” for me, complete with the little dot next to the timestamp, despite the fact that I have the page open and have been looking at the post in question for several minutes now.

4 Likes

Yeah, I can get all the threads I’ve read marked as read eventually, but it’s taking 3-4 visits.

It’s a bit like being trapped in a JG Ballard short story.

6 Likes

It’s definitely Discourse, because it’s happening over there, too.

6 Likes

You mean . . . Jeff’s perfect solution-to-all-social-problems isn’t perfect?

10 Likes

Lately my cursor vanishes when the edit window opens. Minor problem, but it didn’t use to do this. Did something change?

5 Likes

FYI: I commented on a new thread (Playing God with personal beliefs) but am not getting the indications on the main page that there are new comments.

4 Likes

I’m not seeing your message there either. The last post from you in that topic looks like ~20 hours ago.

There are two new posts there within the last hour.

3 Likes

Aha, I didn’t have Tracking set; it was on Normal. But doesn’t Tracking usually get automatically set when you respond to a topic?

4 Likes

Depends on your settings!

3 Likes

My settings show:

and I haven’t changed them.

3 Likes

Is there a way for users to block dogpics?

1 Like

As a side effect of the e-mail provider change, I updated the discourse installation to 2.4.0 beta4. I don’t know if it’s intended to resolve any of the issues you’ve been seeing, but please take a look and see if it helps at all.

5 Likes

Dunno if it’s a bug, but I now have a banner asking if I want to install Elsewhere on my device.

5 Likes

That’s apparently a new feature of beta3:

It shouldn’t ask more than once if you dismiss it. Let me know if it’s annoying and I’ll look into disabling it.

3 Likes

Loving the new styling, wished I had thought of it myself.

6 Likes