Site Bugs?

I will try to replicate as soon as I arrive home.

4 Likes

Thanks! I don’t seem to get it on my iPad w/Safari. I’ll check the pc again soon.

3 Likes

It only seems to happen on the Instagram link on my pc now, which opens in the same tab. The other is not opening in the same tab for some reason, so I can just switch tabs back here. I swear it did open in the same tab before.

3 Likes

When I try to link Tumblr image posts, the site wants to link only the image, not the link itself or the comments.

3 Likes

The Onebox in this post seems weird (the image is so huge, it overflows the borders of the Onebox itself):

Compare the post immediately above, which is from the same site, and behaves exactly how I’d expect.

Edit: never mind; after the five-minute image download period, it seems to have fixed itself, but I can’t delete this post.

4 Likes

As of last night Eastern time I have noticed that Discourse is not keeping track of my history consistently. It will tell me I have X number of posts to read on a thread, but when I go there it’s the same posts I read before. I noticed on a PM thread when someone else replied it said I had 5 new posts to read, but really it was just 1. It seemed to be counting from the last time I wrote, rather than the last time something I hadn’t read was added.

Anyone else seeing this? Anyone know how to fix it?

5 Likes

I’ve even seen posts I’ve liked still being marked as unread.

For me, it doesn’t seem to be based on the last time I wrote; there seems to be a delay between when I see the post and when the system marks it as read, and that delay doesn’t seem to always be consistent.

7 Likes

Interesting. I haven’t seen anything like this myself, and I don’t know why the behavior would have changed since I haven’t updated anything recently. I do have an update that I’ve been ignoring, so I might need to get on that and see whether that fixes anything.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Not sure if you figured this out or not but there’s a fix for this shit UI (one that I’ve had numerous heated conversations with Jeff about on TOP since it’s perfect and I’m just being annoying).

Go to the Interface settings and uncheck this:

It’s per-session so it won’t persist across browsers.

8 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

This is getting worse BTW. Not sure if it’s on my end or the server’s. Anything I can try to help with troubleshooting?

5 Likes

Not really a bug per-se, but I rebooted and got logged out of everything and noticed that the giant icon notification is still up, but may not be relevant anymore.

Side note, it’s nice that the Arrivals Lounge and Welcome thread show up pinned to the top for new users and have good snippets. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

It just happened to me, and it’s definitely not a timing issue.

This post is currently showing as “unread” for me, complete with the little dot next to the timestamp, despite the fact that I have the page open and have been looking at the post in question for several minutes now.

4 Likes

Yeah, I can get all the threads I’ve read marked as read eventually, but it’s taking 3-4 visits.

It’s a bit like being trapped in a JG Ballard short story.

6 Likes

It’s definitely Discourse, because it’s happening over there, too.

6 Likes

You mean . . . Jeff’s perfect solution-to-all-social-problems isn’t perfect?

10 Likes

Lately my cursor vanishes when the edit window opens. Minor problem, but it didn’t use to do this. Did something change?

5 Likes

FYI: I commented on a new thread (Playing God with personal beliefs) but am not getting the indications on the main page that there are new comments.

4 Likes

I’m not seeing your message there either. The last post from you in that topic looks like ~20 hours ago.

There are two new posts there within the last hour.

3 Likes