Smallville Actress Allison Mack Arrested in Sex Cult Trafficking Case

…and Claire Bronfman, who is the money behind the organisation.

7 Likes

But after prosecutors added child exploitation charges against Raniere earlier this year based evidence he had sex with a 15-year-old girl, all of his co-defendants pleaded guilty.

That’s probably it. Having sex with someone underage is one of those crimes which you don’t need evidence of mental state (or even evidence of knowledge) to prosecute, and if they thought there was enough evidence to get the rest of them as conspirators to that charge… I can definitely see pleading to racketeering instead of risking something that much more serious.

6 Likes

This case is so crazy. It seems none of the witnesses against him really want to testify against him still and are only doing it because their lawyers are telling them it’s certain jail time if they don’t.

4 Likes

Women, like men, present in a certain proportion as freaks when it comes to sex. As with men that is easily gamed by a patriarch who grooms and cultivates control. Just look at the old-school Mormon weirdness. This shit with Nexium (or whatever) is just Scientology or the Manson cult in a preserved larval form, except when the larval monster at the center says fuckitIwanna rapeevery / startaracewar / destroyHonduraYemen or whatever pervy thing the alpha dumbshit is into.

2 Likes

He plans to appeal, of course.

8 Likes
8 Likes

I hadn’t thought about this in a while, and then this came up:

My wife and I have started watching this now:

2 Likes

Seduced is pretty good. It’s very focused on India Oxenberg, although it does feature a handful of others and briefly covers their stories. It does a good job of putting faces to the victims of the cult, and describes many of the despicable things that were perpetrated. It’s pretty remarkable how much video footage and phone recordings they were able to obtain.

We’ve now started watching the other NXIVM documentary series:

This is much more wide-reaching, and features many more former members with their stories and perspectives. It’s significantly longer at 9 episodes, and there’s apparently plans for a second season. I’ll probably update when we’ve finished this one. I think we watched them in the correct order, given the different scopes.

2 Likes

What service is carrying that?

1 Like

Seduced is from Starz, and The Vow is from HBO.

1 Like

I don’t have starz. I have HBO Max. I’ll look for The Vow there.

1 Like

Season 2 of The Vow has started. I continue to be amazed at the footage they’re able to obtain, and the people they are able to get to talk on camera.

2 Likes