Smallville Actress Allison Mack Arrested in Sex Cult Trafficking Case

More evidence that the person you see on screen doesn’t necessarily represent who they really are.

I have so many questions.

6 Likes

this is the most surreal headline i’ve seen all week.

5 Likes

I read about this in WaPo and was just floored. I did not watch the show so I had no idea of who she is, but the whole situation is creepy as hell.

8 Likes

I don’t speak Latin, but “soror” is sister, and “ancilla” is slave woman, and what happened to proofreading?

4 Likes

I think that’s more of an interpretation rather than a mistranslation.

A literal translation seems to be “Master over the sisters who follow after him,” but “obsequious” in English more commonly means “servile,” and from “Master over the servile sisters” it’s a very small hop to “Master over the slave women.”

6 Likes

i watched the show and liked her character a lot. it’s just SO weird.

4 Likes

A small update, and an MO sighting.

9 Likes

So if scientology told all it’s followers to jump off a bridge…

9 Likes

One can only hope

9 Likes

I heard about this a while back, and couldn’t really bring myself to care. But, I love podcasts, and found this one interesting. Season one is about this whole kettle of fish, and is interesting even if I can’t get very worked up about it.

4 Likes
12 Likes

Every detail I read about this makes it stranger and stranger:

8 Likes

nexium

8 Likes

People are strange.

Some more so than others, apparently.

5 Likes

In retrospect, strange isn’t the correct word. I’m totally fine with strange. The more appropriate word for this situation is disturbing.

7 Likes

When the very rich see everything in sight as just an object to be manipulated, the troubles begin.

11 Likes
6 Likes

I’m curious why they are all pleading guilty.

6 Likes

Probably because they’re dead to rights…

… and possibly because there’s something worse out there that they’re also dead to rights on.

7 Likes

There’s also the possibility that they’re being offered slaps on the wrist to flip on Raniere, who is practically the only one not pleading guilty.

7 Likes