So who did we elect this year?

My father and I were discussing politics and bemoaning the fact that there don’t seem to be any decent candidates for the next US presidential election. And he just dared me to run this up the ol’ flagpole to see what happens:

MEL BROOKS FOR PRESIDENT!!!

(Would you campaign or vote for him? If not Mel Brooks, then who? Seriously or not, what do you think? :slight_smile:)

11 Likes

Elizabeth Warren or Al Franken. that’s all i got so far. unless Bernie somehow is willing to run.

17 Likes

I’d be on board for that. I don’t care for Sanders and I don’t think Warren wants to run, but I did vote for Al Franken when I lived in MN and have never regretted the choice.

14 Likes

Sanders will be very old in four years. 80, right?
That’s pretty old for a first term-er.

Likely a dealbreaker.

9 Likes

Whomever the GOP chooses.

Non-Republicans in red states ain’t gonna be allowed to vote in numbers sufficient to swing an election. The only consequential votes now are those within the GOP primaries.

8 Likes

yeah, i know. but as we’ve learned, way crazier things can happen…!

6 Likes

he’s good enough, he’s definitely smart enough, and doggone it, people DO like him!

17 Likes

A head of cabbage would do a better job than the orange thing we have in there now.

12 Likes

I keep waking up in cold sweats, afraid this is the real answer.

11 Likes

That’s why I typically vote in the GOP primary, even though they don’t reflect most of my own values. (In my state, they let you pick which party ballot you get in the primary, so I’m not running afoul of any rules.)

7 Likes

Before we start talking about whom the Dems will run for President in four years, we should start seeing what we can do to reduce the power of the regime’s GOP enablers in Congress in the 2018 midterms. There’s been a lot of bipartisan anger against them showing up in town halls, meaning there’s a chance that some of them can lose their seats if they don’t step down first.

As for Mel Brooks, he’s already given us a disturbingly prescient preview of the current administration, so why not?

13 Likes

other good possibilities would be kirsten gollibrand and sherrod brown.

3 Likes

I’d be willing to canvass for the head of cabbage, if it decides to run.

14 Likes

I dunno 'bout Franken. He already wrote a book about his imagined presidential run. It didn’t end very well for him. Then again, the very fabric of spacetime has flipped us to Bizzaroworld, so I could see myself voting for President Franken.

4 Likes

I wholeheartedly disagree, unless the other choice is Trump… or Pence, incase (God willing) Trump dies or is impeached.

I’ve already decided that I will vote for whatever Democratic candidate will oppose Trump/Pence, but in the primary I will vote for whichever candidate best represents my values. Most likely Elizabeth Warren or Al Franken maybe, or in a pinch even Cory Booker. But it’s way too early to talk about this now, so I’m only speculating wildly.

6 Likes

This is the real answer. Where you been?

1 Like

Can’t tell if you’re talking about Trump or JLW.

12 Likes

Take your pick. Either one.

4 Likes

We’ve all seen Weekend at Bernie’s, right?

We can always have a fallback option of “Presidential Term of Bernie’s”

4 Likes

well, that’s the thing: i don’t think franken WANTS to be president. so that’s a problem with my hope for him to run. it’s like warren – she’s like, “uh-uh, no thanks!” :neutral_face:

1 Like