So who did we elect this year?

Don’t look at me. I didn’t vote in the primary in 92, but I would not have voted for Biden. I assume he ran that year. I really don’t know because he has always confused charm and humanity with a great smile.

4 Likes

considering the alternative, i’d vote for Biden. i’m not going to let perfect be the enemy of good.

9 Likes

If Biden gets the nom, I will get very angry, and then drunk and maudlin. I will support anyone who pressures him to move left. But I’d still vote for him over a Republican.

12 Likes

Almost anyone who considers themselves left-wing would. The question is, will you and others choose to vote for him over just choosing not to vote?

7 Likes

Is Booty Judge also a valid option?

Yes, but no matter how easy it is to spell and pronounce, it’s still one of dem furriner names to certain groups of people. I would know. I’ve lived among them in Indiana for so long I think my name is “Mr. um… ah… foreign guy”.*

*I was born in Illinois.

7 Likes

That’s how I felt about Hillary Clinton getting the nomination in 2016. I was not pleased, but I voted for her anyway because, well, what other choice did I have. I think it’s entirely defensible to vote for someone without supporting them.

Yes, absolutely I would. I would vomit, drink, vomit again, and vote for him, bitching and moaning about it the entire time.

I think the “choosing not to vote” thing sorely discounts the effects of gerrymandering, voter suppression, and other forms of disenfranchisement. I don’t think many people just “chose not to vote”, even including Bernie Bros such as myself. In fact, I’ve heard way more complaints about millennials going home and sulking rather than voting for Hillary Clinton than actual millennials (or other generations) saying that they would do just that. The bigger issue is that voter disenfranchisement keeps people from voting, and keeps their vote from counting even assuming they are able to vote.

11 Likes

See: Georgia, Florida, 2018.

6 Likes

If Biden gets the nomination, it’s proof that the whole thing is rigged and we have no choice, because I am ready for a major shakeup and he is not it. He seems nice. I’m sure he’d do a passable job. Certainly he’d be an improvement - a rock would be an improvement - but I am ready to vote for Warren because the banking industry is due to have its ass handed to it and she knows how to make that happen.

12 Likes

I have never “chosen not to vote.”

10 Likes

i don’t think it’s proof of anything other than the system working glacially by design. i would much prefer Warren or whoever would shake things up more, but government never does anything quickly. even a half-step in the right direction is better than another step backwards to me.

8 Likes

I can’t speak for others, but I will indeed vote regardless. But continuing to have to vote for lesser evils makes me think I should become involved in my local Democratic party and see if I can shift it further left.

14 Likes

Not this fucker:

4 Likes

oh god NO. hillary people love to give a lot of shit to bernie people, but omg, talk about needing to just let it go…

9 Likes

I don’t think she should run. But she should keep the rumors going. Draw the venom of the right so that the rest of us can have a discussion about the actual candidates without as much disinformation polluting the discourse.

15 Likes

Good idea, if they remain just rumors.

9 Likes

Hilary is certainly a wise enough political wolf to pull this off.

I just hope that is what she’s doing.

5 Likes

She feels entitled to the Presidency. Mark my words, she will run. And she will pull every cheat and dirty trick necessary to secure the nomination. All Dem voters will have to collectively fight against this. I have a feeling that the youngest of voters coming out in droves for primaries and caucuses are the only chance we have to divert another disaster.

8 Likes

We’re screwed

1 Like

Warning, autoplay video:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-clinton-run-donald-trumps-urging/story?id=50530412

Well, who knows.

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s why Bloomberg and Schultz have been making noise.

5 Likes