So who do we elect this year?

But that’s the kind of claim cops make when they fire tear gas canisters into a crowd and someone throws one back (in which case, the cop was “keeping the peace” and the protestor is charged with “assault with a deadly weapon”)

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I include the “if true” caveat. For what it’s worth, the cops claim they had not deployed any chemical weapons at that time. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Which may not be true either, especially if multiple departments are involved.

“The people of Georgia are angry, the people in the country are angry,” he said. “And there’s nothing wrong with saying, you know, um, that you’ve recalculated.”

Raffensperger responded: “Well, Mr. President, the challenge that you have is, the data you have is wrong.”

At another point, Trump said: “So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have. Because we won the state.”

“There’s no way I lost Georgia,” Trump said, a phrase he repeated again and again on the call. “There’s no way. We won by hundreds of thousands of votes.”

:man_facepalming:

Trump: “Do you think it’s possible that they shredded ballots in Fulton County? ’Cause that’s what the rumor is. And also that Dominion took out machines. That Dominion is really moving fast to get rid of their, uh, machinery. Do you know anything about that? Because that’s illegal.”

Germany responded: “No, Dominion has not moved any machinery out of Fulton County.”

Trump: “But have they moved the inner parts of the machines and replaced them with other parts?”

Germany: “No.”

Trump: “Are you sure? Ryan?”

Germany: “I’m sure. I’m sure, Mr. President.”

Jesus, that call must have been painful to sit through.

10 Likes

I’d love to see any doodles they made while on the call.

6 Likes

Worth it, though.

It’s a smoking gun for all his election rigging.

3 Likes

It’s a lucky and surprising thing that there are some Republicans actually willing to say “no” to Trump.

8 Likes

Or it’s setting up a mental incompetence defense…

(since I’ve had the obvious pointed out to me a few times, I suppose I should note I’m absolutely being sarcastic about that being in any way a defense)

4 Likes

I can’t stand the sound of his voice, so I read the transcript, which was almost as bad because I kinda heard him speaking in my head (EWW!!). MIgawd, does he never take a breath?

And he doesn’t even know how to LISTEN, he’s thinking of what he’s going to say while others are talking.

6 Likes

Courts are not instruments through which parties engage in such gamesmanship or symbolic political gestures.As a result, at the conclusion of this litigation, the Court will determine whether to issue an order to show cause why this matter should not be referred to its Committee on Grievances for potential discipline of Plaintiffs’ counsel.

That there sounds like a judge who’s just about had enough.

7 Likes

Georgia’s voting systems manager spending almost all of a half-hour press briefing today just debunking Trump’s claims:

6 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

The state’s top Democrat, Gov. Tom Wolf, called the Senate’s refusal to seat Brewster, whose reelection was certified by the state, “simply unethical and undemocratic.”

republican bywords.

5 Likes
4 Likes

grin

8 Likes

This is from a couple weeks ago, 12/23/20, to be exact:
:‘This Must Stop’: Detroit Launches Sanctions Campaign Against ‘Kraken’ Lawyers

4 Likes

Fink has already made public a motion he intends to file on Jan. 5 (the city must give the “Kraken” team a three-week window during which they can opt to withdraw offending litigation)

It’s actually been filed now. :wink:

6 Likes

Aaron Ford, our state’s Secretary of State, weighed in:

5 Likes

So Warnock has pulled ahead again in Georgia. Ossoff still slightly behind.

2 Likes