South Park: The Fractured But Whole - Now With Social Commentary

The difficulty slider in the upcoming South Park game reportedly changes the amount of money you receive and how characters interact with you… and changes your skin color to match as well.

During the process, South Park stalwart Eric Cartman will comment: “Don’t worry, this doesn’t affect combat. Just every other aspect of your whole life.”

The game also allows selecting gender, with options of male/female/other… and, since this is a sequel to a game where the character was male, your selection can cause a retcon of previous events.

I haven’t played the previous game, but this looks quite interesting. Can’t wait to see the uproar that results.

7 Likes

I actually enjoyed Stick of Truth, even though I think I’ve mostly matured (?) beyond South Park’s world view. The game mechanics and single player story were satisfying in a time when most games are focusing on FPS and capture-the-flag models.

I was curious about the new game and this just amplifies my interest.

3 Likes

The original SoT was a great game. Very self aware and lots of forth wall breaking cleverness. Incredible amount of fan service to boot. It helps that the gameplay was very solid too. My only real complaint is it was entirely too short and easy. I look forward to seeing what they do with the next one.

3 Likes