πŸŒŸπŸš€βœ¨ Space Exploration 🌍⭐🌜

4 Likes
4 Likes

After 20 years of the ISS?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Usual strobing in the intro, I just close my eyes for that part because it’s so regular:

For a super-soft birthday party amirite?

Huh?

1 Like

Yay! Fran!

2 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

WOOT! How exciting

Welcome, Mr Shiv.

1 Like

Thanks! I just came over from the β€œother place”

3 Likes

Would we know you by a different name?

2 Likes

Same user name and avatar as over there. I haven’t yet filled out my profile here, but my real name will be in it. ETA this instance of Discourse is a little different than the BBS’s

3 Likes

Wait, did their KORD system (or whatever they’re calling it) respond to the failure of one landing engine by shutting down another?

4 Likes

Watching it come down (I just barely happened to take another look at it just before the launch started, thank goodness), I did think the second engine shutdown so quickly seemed out of place based on the goals that had been described earlier in the stream.

Since the first engine shutoff was (supposed to be) deliberate, it would be odd for the second one to be a failure response, though. I’m wondering if that second engine that cutoff was the one that was running richer than the other two, and if maybe a plumbing issue there lead to a cascade.

It was a bit of a surprise to watch the entire stream, to the cutoff, seeing that it was on the ground and the fires looked like they had been put out… and then a short while later seeing the reports and video of the RUD.

3 Likes