Steve Bannon is out

I so want to know if he was fired in a car after getting out of a plane.

12 Likes

For one moment there seeing the headline I thought ā€œHas he revealed that heā€™s really a gay Marxist who has been taking the piss out of the Right for years and winding them up to make people take notice of the threat they presentā€ - and then I discover that no, itā€™s a continuation of Trumpā€™s belief that being President is the same as an orchestrated TV show in which he fires someone every week.
Would I say I am disappointed?

14 Likes

Allegedly he resigned, more than 10 days ago.

10 Likes

And Trump dissolved his Manufacturing Council before any of the CEOs left it.

Earlier today I had a minor mental aberration and read Trump as ā€œTurnipā€. Then I thought: understandable, yellow on top and carbohydrate for brains.

23 Likes

For now, I am reluctant to believe anything beyond Steve Bannon is ā€œoutā€.

The ever-churning cabinet is a hallmark of autocrats. Everyone loves palace intrigue. Look at all the other ā€œfiredā€ people still stanning like mad for 45. Look at how we stop paying attention to what theyā€™re up to, assuming they have no more connection.

I donā€™t trust this one bit.

11 Likes

Heā€™s gone? Well thatā€™s a darn shame. :wink:

Anybody want to start a countdown pool on Kelly?

5 Likes

Part of me wonders whether he is just so senile that he thinks this is the next season of The Apprentice and heā€™s going to try to fire a new person every week until literally every other person in the government is gone and Jared Kushner is the last man standingā€¦

10 Likes

Today is the day Trump finally became the President.
:wink:

7 Likes

Didnā€™t say I believe it, just that itā€™s one of the things being said.

*lolz

And you say you have ā€œno sense of humorā€¦ā€

:wink:

10 Likes

Iā€™ve seen fast food joints with less staff turnover.

As mentioned upthread, I too am worried ā€œoutā€ just means ā€œunofficialā€.

10 Likes

"Steve Bannon outlived his usefulness once Trump learned that he could just let his bigot flag fly"

6 Likes

Oh, I believe everything that comes out of Turnip Towers. Why, just like the White Queen, sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

7 Likes

In the bit talking about video games, that article calls him ā€œGannonā€. That may be a typo but it makes me realize, only now, that amid the many names mocking Trump we could have been calling him Bannondorf the whole time. What a waste.

5 Likes

[quote]Bannon, his allies and the siteā€™s staffers have not been subtle about what is likely to happen now.

Joel Pollak, a senior editor-at-large at Breitbart, tweeted ā€œ#WAR,ā€ a reference to the siteā€™s early days and the mission statement of its founder, Andrew Breitbart.

A person who recently spoke with Bannon told CNNMoney that the now-former White House chief strategist will not stay quiet on the sidelines.

ā€œIt will be Bannon the barbarian,ā€ the person said. ā€œHeā€™s not going to go out peacefully.ā€[/quote]

This could be seismic.

8 Likes

The story Hemingway didnā€™t live to write: The Son-in-law Also Rises.

4 Likes

i know you meant it in the sense that bannon was running things. but itā€™s also funny in the sense that every - single - time some controversy erupts, media commentators think somehow, surely this time, trump will become more presidential and mainstream.

queue:

yes. he could be really turning a corner now. this could mark a big change in the administration. weā€™ve wondered before if it could happen, even back on the campaign trail, but this time it seems like he really might be changing.

6 Likes

Ayup. Always did like snark that works on multiple levels at the same time. :wink:

3 Likes

I thought that was Alice?

1 Like

you obviously havenā€™t seen the j.j.abrams version where after finding the hatch tunnel to wonderland, alice pilots a ship backwards in time and becomes the white queen.

6 Likes

Obviously, I have not.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes