Streaming Distractions

A place to give a mind a break. Post free streaming concerts, readings, performances to keep our sanity.

I am posting Heywood Banks 70th Birthday celebration. His music is like an acoustic Weird Al. (Warning: it’s on Facebook.)

6 Likes

I am really looking forward to this one. The Shakespeare stream was thoroughly enjoyable, and I love spooky stories, so this is a must for me.

If you want to see what the Shakespeare Stream was like, most of it is archived here… which is another wonderful thing to spend quarantine time on.

4 Likes

DNice’s ‘Club Quarantine’ has been helping keep my spirits up:

4 Likes

See a side of New York not featured in Spider-Man movies.

Listen to the jingle, the rumor and the roar.

2 Likes

Always good stuff. They’re devoting ever other week to Beethoven for the entire year.

2 Likes

The Globe Theater is having free streaming performances of Shakespeare’s plays on YouTube during April.

3 Likes

A lot of fun, builds slowly, a lot of energy.

1 Like

This is what the Floppotron sounds like when it plays some of Brian Eno’s ambient music.

4 Likes

Just mentioning old computers playing music, had you seen the YouTube channel with the 8 disk drives running at once?

4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

An old webcomic (I forget which one) referred to Coldplay as “the music that computers will make once they become intelligent enough to start taking the piss out of humans.”

I laughed at the time, but I fear that this may just be on the cusp of becoming reality…

3 Likes

sort of like those animusic things.

2 Likes

Live, as I’m posting this.

2 Likes

Comedy Relief is doing a Dungeons and Dragons session with British comedians today at 7pm BST / 1pm CST. Charity for COVID-19 relief.

https://tiltify.com/@comic-relief-plays-dungeons-dragons/crplaysdnd

Twitch link: https://twitch.tv/dnd

1 Like

Just finished watching very entertaining. They will be reposting the stream on twitch and on YouTube a week later.

2 Likes

Silent Comedy Watch Party with Ben Model and Steve Massa

My husband, my pal in Newfoundland, and I started watching in April’s first week. My friend and I make this a weekly date except for rerun shows, and now my son watches with me, as long as Fatty Arbuckle or one of the BIG THREE is on (the unnamed artist in this clip is the BIGGEST)

3 Likes

Slicing Up Eyeballs’ 75-song Christmas megamix: Stream 4 hours of alternative holiday cheer

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like