Stuff That Really 'Grinds My Gears...'

Things really grind my gears. Stuff really grinds my gears.

The keyboard on my smartphone is absolutely horrendous. Doesn’t recognize basic English words, but it does recognize typos. Also doesn’t recognize words in context at all.

5 Likes

Is your phone Android? If so, you can download Gboard from the Play Store and it’s well worth the effort.

I’ve never used a keyboard I like as much as Gboard. It learns your idiotlect surprisingly​ well, is deeply customisable and doesn’t correct your swearing if you so choose. It takes a few days to learn your usage but after that it’s incredibly good.

6 Likes

Thanks kindly. I will check it out.

3 Likes

When I’ve forgotten my password, having to create a new password to that doesn’t resemble any of my old passwords, which I can remember clearly. That really grinds my gears.

8 Likes

What, and miss out on sending rants about my ducking autocorrect?

5 Likes

My mom’s trying to call me, but I’ve been fucking her all day.

Not fucking, FUCKING.

Ducking hell, Autocorrect.

Oh now you get it right…

18 Likes

Duck that ship.

9 Likes

Yeah it can be such a banker sometimes.

5 Likes

You mean it screws you over just because it can?

6 Likes

And charges you for the privilege!

6 Likes

And takes over the ducking government to really lock in the screwing over to apply to all your descendants.

6 Likes

I’ve found EFF’s dice to be great for creating passwords, as long as I remember to transfer the corresponding words from paper or plaintext app window to KeePass.

3 Likes

Tell her you were out shopping for a gift, Eddy Pusswrecks.

4 Likes

Not to be confused with KeepAss

5 Likes

Indeed.

4 Likes

The effing chip could be square, or for (my) preference, round. Then you get all the lense there is. The user can frame within that one real constraint in the system.

4 Likes

It should be a command: grind my gears.

4 Likes

Just add a comma:

Stuff that, really grind my gears.

9 Likes

Shred that synchromesh, baby

2 Likes

Cupcake websites written by people who masterfully manage “meringue” and “limoncello” yet write “If you’re teachers are especially great, nominate them and tell us why!” for Teacher Appreciation Week.

18 Likes