Telltale Games Begins "Majority Studio Closure"

I’m doubly (and selfishly) pissed because I already bought a season pass for the current TWD season and it looks like it won’t get completed.

7 Likes

RIP Telltale.

I love Poker Night at the inventory.

7 Likes

Unofficial reports are that the final season of TWD is being cancelled but that they’re going to be completing Minecraft: Story Mode, which seems like an odd choice.

I’ve played a little of their TWD game but haven’t fully gotten into it, but it’s odd to hear that their bid for Stranger Things fell through… that seems like it would be a match made in heaven.

8 Likes

I bought the Sam & Max things from them back in the day. I’ll miss them.

5 Likes

There is, of course, another side-effect.

I wish that were a parody, but there are too many toxic little mids out there sad that their toy was taken away.

11 Likes

What the fucking fuck?

I mean seriously… what the fucking fuck.

Makes me think these jackholes simply aren’t skilled enough to get even a menial job in the games industry and feel that womankind is to blame.

The games industry is a meat grinder - these people should be happy that anybody is willing to work in it to make the games they love.

9 Likes

And that’s why I sometimes wish for the WWW to be destroyed.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t place any bets on it, but it sounds like they’re hopeful of ways to finish TWD.

There’s also, of course, the question of what the quality would be like after such a loss of the people who’ve been working on it.

6 Likes

With the number of layoffs they’ve announced, it’ll probably be finished as an 8-bit side-scroller.

5 Likes

If one positive thing comes out of this clusterfuck, it’d be nice if this provided an impetus for unionization in the gaming industry, or heck, in the tech industry in general.

7 Likes

Or like the last episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion? (largely pen and ink sketches, watercolors, static images with voice overlays)

2 Likes

If you increase the art budget that much, gameplay will have to suffer

We’re sorry; you’ve been downgraded from a side-scroller to two paddles bouncing a ball around in front of the art you mentioned.

3 Likes

Beep will remember that.

2 Likes

Interesting development.

4 Likes

Unfortunate.

2 Likes