The Arrivals Lounge

I cannot change it, but don’t hurry to implement the change on my account. It’s not a priority for me (others may disagree.) I would prefer the toggle ability, eventually.

Thank you. (Said in the most emphatic, sincere voice I have that isn’t yelling.) :beer::tropical_drink: offered, otherwise :icecream::cookie::cake::pizza::taco:.

11 Likes

I like it, at least for now. it fits with our “shadow board” status. Makes me feel like I’m up to something slightly sinister. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Hello world. The emails finally arrived in the spam box!
Does my reply improve the conversation in some way? Don’t know;
Be kind to your fellow community members - will try.
Constructive criticism is welcome, but criticize ideas not people. With the exception of certain politicians, will certainly try.

18 Likes

Because you are about to be eaten by a Grue. Showing my age…

(Dark theme, light theme, I don’t mind as I don’t have an AMOLED display and it makes no difference to battery life. So long as the Grues can’t creep up on me.)

15 Likes

Ahoy Ahoy! Greetings and Salutations!

Thank you for setting this Discourse installation up so fast and opening it.

ETA: Yes, I came here from BoingBoing and my last avatar there is transparent. However I’m too nondescript to have a reputation worth hiding or bringing along here.

15 Likes

Please try now. I think I have it figured out.

@RatMan, as well.

At some point we’ll have to put together a proper theme as part of a branding effort.

7 Likes

Ahoy hoy!  

13 Likes

It works, it works! Perfect!

7 Likes

as is my style, two things:

• needs more tweed and fish jokes
  • i have technical capacity, resources, and chops for anything less than petabyte scale. don’t be afraid to ask, the answer will likely be, “Yes”.
30 Likes

Is everyone here so far from BoingBoing?

If so, and you’ve changed your name, feel free to let the others know who you are/were at BB so that we can update our internal indexes.

If you’re not a BB user, how did you get here?

Also, feel free to answer none of the above. It’s cool.

12 Likes

How are people getting the word out about this place? I posted in a couple of PMs on BB, but I haven’t been promoting it in any other way.

I want to make sure that as many people know about this as possible, but I don’t know if posting about it publicly on BB is a smart move.

9 Likes

A belated welcome to you:

@Kimmo @katryn @Pogo @awfulhorrid @Franko @waetherman @RatMan @CZAnne @Enkita @KeisterButton

Y’all were the best part of BBS, and I am glad to be here with you now and forever.

17 Likes

And also to you, @fiddlingfrog and @japh

(10 mention limit hit previous post)

14 Likes

I’ve sent invites to the two sekrit PM groups I have access to, which should comprise about 70 members. I’ll extend personal invitations to those who are part of that group but did not follow the link later today.

10 Likes

just do it organically. i guarantee you word will get out.

19 Likes

I think we should treat this place like The Beach.

5 Likes

I still only have default theme available in Preferences, but I’m not using a desktop system. iOS Safari sometimes doesn’t play well with others. If there’s another setting, I’m unaware of it. Not a huge issue for me.

2 Likes

I’ll try to look at it later. I may need to make the light theme the default, with dark being an option.

3 Likes

Well, they do say life’s a beach. I think. May have my metaphors mixed. :wink:

'ello, world!

18 Likes

Well, the flight was a little turbulent, but we’ve landed. Let’s see if we’re all in one piece.

19 Likes