The Arrivals Lounge

#Welcome to a new BBS

I would like to be the first to welcome each and every one of you to the new BBS. If not personally, to y’all as a collective.

** PSA: Current Threads are public-readable**
h/t @Nonentity
Current threads are public-readable. Future threads may be readable only by TL3 - watch for the replacement for the old #lounge category.

** Some Basic Backstory **

The events of 11 April 2017 were a shocking attempt to destroy the community we had built. This BBS was created in response: a lounge and a safe haven for the members, beyond the control of petty authors and publishers.

** Management **
Your host is @LockeCJ.

The norms and rules that applied previously in #lounge apply here.

Thank you for flying Happy Mutants. We wish you all the best :sunny: and…

Oh, and one last thing: image host not set up yet, so don’t go too heavy with the images. :wink:

33 Likes

Game: "And then the murders began."

Is it bad form to post a first?

Oh. Sorry, I’ll get my coat. :’(

29 Likes

Thank you. I was just reading the “Transparency” thread and feeling so terrible. Thank you for creating a safe space. I needed to know that we can all continue to hang out together.

Where’s the barkeep? My martini could use a refresh.

31 Likes

Keeping it tiny while we wait for the image host…

22 Likes

And here I thought I’d be safe from all that f1rst!!! Stuff…

Welcome , @cynical and @ChickieD ! My apologies for not stocking the pantry - place just got built and storage is a little lacking.

18 Likes

Heigh ho! No matter about the lack of drinking gifs (although that limits my potential posts by about 80%), I’ll send Jeeves out for some gin tout suite

19 Likes

Welcome, @adonai
The thermostat is over there and here’s the remote for the stereo. I’m stepping out briefly, will see about getting some single malts.

12 Likes

I’m here.
Arrived.
And let me say- the place looks great, @LockeCJ. Thanks for doing all this.

23 Likes

Welcome, @nothingfuture - you have reached the other side of the looking glass. Beware of white rabbits and liquids labelled DrinkMe

13 Likes

Howdy folks :grinning:

22 Likes

Thanks for the invite :slight_smile:
I was so sad I’d lose some of the really neat people I admire on BBS and then you go and do this. Thank-you.

Hugs all… or is this not a huggy place? I’m only virtually huggy… oh I love you guys… now I’m all gushy…

26 Likes

Mornin’ y’all.

[Steamingcupofcoffee.gif]

New coat but the same old critter underneath.

Thank you to those who put this together. It’s heartening to see.

Hey Cynical! Good to see you.

24 Likes

Yay! Thank you, @tinoesroho. Oddly enough, this already feels very familiar.

Does the image warning apply to user profiles as well? I’m not worried about my icon, of course, but I can’t find the background image I used before and can certainly make that a low priority until the image host is ready.

17 Likes

hello all, and thank you for the invite. did someone say martini? i’m in.

18 Likes

Hello all!

Sorry that I’ve been mostly silent, I’ve just been busy getting things up and running.

I’ll try to tackle image hosting tonight.

24 Likes

A serious and heartfelt thank you for all this work.
It’s a wonderful thing you’re doing.

16 Likes

Well I’m here now. Why is it so dark in here?

Thanks so much for doing this. I’m looking forward to seeing how far we can take it.

19 Likes

I set the default theme to dark. Please let me know if you can’t change it, and I’ll change the default back.

I haven’t had a chance to implement Hot Dog Stand yet.

13 Likes

Very nice, I like this!

15 Likes

No problem with Dark being the default, but could you add the plain white one to the Theme drop-down?

7 Likes