The awesome and alluring RPS Advent Calendar 2017

RPS is probably my favorite PC focused gaming blog(?) They consistently write good articles, and their Advent Calendar is a fun annual tradition.

7 Likes

Day 1:

I took a brief break from Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, but I haven’t regretted any of my time spent with it. Between it and its predecessor, they are the best single-player FPS games I’ve played since probably Half-Life 2.

2 Likes

I hadn’t heard of The Norwood Suite before. It sounds… fascinating?

I always seem to get analysis paralysis with WRPGs. Torment: Tides of Numenera seems like it would do that to me as well.

Bayonetta is a game I’ve been meaning to play for awhile. I think I’ve got it on 360. It seems like it’s on the other end of the depth scale from a game like Torment: Tides of Numenera, but sometimes that’s exactly what you want.

I’d never heard of this one(OneShot). It sounds really interesting.

Northgard seems like it has potential. I like the idea of an RTS that doesn’t require constant micromanagement, but I’m not sure if I’m up for an RTS that is more complicated the Kingdom/World of Keflings at this point.

Another game I haven’t played or heard of, to no one’s surprise. This is one of the great values of a series like this. Stormbringer looks like it could be fun. The Pixel-art aesthetic may look tired in stills, but in motion it looks remarkable.

Another interesting game that I should check out at some point, which I suppose is the point of this exercise. I think I might have the first one on some platform that I got through a bundle or GWG.

I’ve seen references to this doing well in the Streamer circuit, in that it streams well primarily for schadenfreude.

This is exactly the sort of game that I would never even know existed without RPS.

This seems like a nice counterpoint to Rakuen, which seemed to trend towards sadness.

This does not seem like a good fit for me personally, but Moba and similar genres have yet to take hold.

1 Like