The best invention in the universe

Continuing the discussion from Retro Technology Lives!:

So I scored big time. '08 TCR Advanced rocking full 7800 Dura-Ace (except for an Ultegra cassette), sick Mavics and carbon bars, in absolutely wonderful condition; barely used.

AU$600 :grin::grin::grin:

7 Likes

With a bit of luck I should be able to get $900 or so for the groupset and bars :smile:

Gonna keep the frameset and wheels, chuck my Red gear on it.

2 Likes

I wonder if we should have a for sale category? I have some things I am planning to sell but haven’t gathered the energy to deal with Ebay yet.

2 Likes

That reminds me - spring is in the air and it’s time for me to break out the HalfBike;

It’s only 50% of the best invention in the universe, but that’s good enough for me.

8 Likes

Wait, what? I have never seen such a thing.

PMSL.

3 Likes

Don’t piss, or laugh. Surprisingly fun way to ride!

3 Likes

I’m not dissing it, but I’m still laughing.

3 Likes

Depending on definition, you could get away with calling it 150% of the best invention in the world. (And always a good design idea: dump the bits you don’t want.)

1 Like

The first time in weeks that my days off have coincided with fine weather, and some of the locals are out enjoying it.

9 Likes

I always wanted a recumbent, especially of the reverse-trike sort. Unfortunately I don’t have the space for it. Nor do I have the rolling green hills populated with sheep to enjoy riding it around.

4 Likes

So yesterday I pulled all the Dura-Ace off and replaced it with the gear from my other machine. I’d post some pics, but I’m waiting on a seat, bars and stem before I’m done. Should be just under 7kg.

Oh yeah, I forgot - check out what else I could’ve had for $600: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/melton-south/bicycles/shimano-road-bike-mqssq/1146106200

PMSL

2 Likes

Sounds like a nice bike. Do you ever take it off any sweet jumps?

2 Likes

If I was gonna jump it, I’d have to cut the integrated seatpost down.

You remind me of an idea I had years ago; if it was a beam bike like the Zipp 2001, it could be made to work like a dropper post on a MTB. So you’re flying along at 40+ on your sweet aero road bike, and a dog runs out, so you slam the seat down and bunny-hop the fucker. That would be way cool.

3 Likes

Ahhh, spring.

The days warm enough to ride are wet and the sunny days are cold.

Bugger this weekend. Guess I’ll work on the house.

3 Likes