The De-Nazification of America

That’s an easy fix: Make it retroactive.

5 Likes

we have to get away from the notion that different rules apply to different people, that those with means or connections won’t serve like everyone else

It’s naive for this guy to think his individual vision for exactly how to do the New Draft would make it into law without other politicians amending it and filling it with exceptions and caveats.

It won’t apply to anybody over 30. It won’t apply to everybody who turns 18. It will apply most stringently to those with the least power to oppose it, like everything else.

11 Likes

Dear Tyrone,
Thank you for your application to serve with the National Climate Corps. Unfortunately funding has been limited this year, and we have had to restrict our national service positions to only the most qualified applicants. We understand some of the public-private partnerships still have temporary manufacturing apprenticeships available, and there is certainly need for more citizens serving in the Middle East. Since the enrollment deadline is fast approaching, we have thought it best to forward your resume, in case you are unable to fulfill your required national service elsewhere.

Sincerely, National Climate Corps HR
“We should all play a role in lifting each other up.” -John Delaney

8 Likes

Fixed etc.

9 Likes

You’re just saying the silent part out loud.

8 Likes

You mean they have to be qualified too?

4 Likes

Your “service” could be interning for some fancy schmancy government agency in Washington, D.C.

or it could be indistinguishable from prison labor (SEE ALSO: “Job Corps”)

Guess which one is going to take everybody who applies

8 Likes

If you want to be technical, Ivanka did assist in nuclear discussions between her dad and Kim Jong-un.

What the fuck am I saying?

7 Likes

I think you’re saying that any half-dozen randomly selected Job Corps inmates could do just as good a job with America’s foreign policy as the Trump family.

10 Likes

Too bad they were stuck in Job Corps.

7 Likes

Hey if Job Corps had qualified people like Jeff Epstein, with a special work-release program, they could have qualified people conduct diplomacy, let them decide policy, give them the power to stop pesky treasonous investigations…

5 Likes
10 Likes
6 Likes

I see lots of religious leaders on the list. Tempted to sign but I’m not a Christian. What are other mutants’ feelings on this?

5 Likes
  1. The list has a lot of left-leaning congregations on it. Notable absences include any official representative of the Catholic Church, as well as the LDS and Southern Baptist churches.
  2. I think they have the right idea…
  3. …But it’d be nice if they spent less time, effort, and words on “It’s un-American to reject diversity of faiths” (because, regardless of whether that’s even true, who gives a flying fuck what a bunch of rich, slave-owning, eighteenth-century British traitors would have wanted?) and more on “It’s un-Christian to appropriate Christ’s teachings for capitalist greed, naked ambition, and shameless political grandstanding.”
13 Likes

Et voila:

14 Likes

F…ing hypocrites.

7 Likes

Well that’s interesting, because his policies match what I learned in Catholic school way better than Trump’s do.

Although, know that I write that, it occurs to me that the Church have changed a lot since then. Much less into social reform/anti-poverty lately.

13 Likes

That is one thing I like about Pope Francis; he definitely stays on the anti-poverty message.

That said, his American flock (or, at least, their shepherds) seem to turn a deaf ear more often than not.

11 Likes

Their logo design makes no sense whatsoever.

4 Likes