The De-Nazification of America

…because it already has been openly bigoted and murderous for centuries. There are bright spots though.

14 Likes

The experience of not driving means we’re all in the same eggshell:

8 Likes

After the calamity:

5 Likes

Well, we’re on our way, then:

9 Likes

<shits/>

5 Likes
8 Likes

Too little too late.

McCain should have sent the original “stay-away message” to her.

6 Likes

The reason why the alt-right is so keen on “Marketplace of ideas” freeze peach absolutism?

Because denying them a podium works:

11 Likes
10 Likes
9 Likes

Step 1, acknowledge your complicity.

Step 2, blame the Russians.

Step 3, claim that we’re all Dunning-Kruger case-studies? To hide your complicity?

…some confusion…

Step 5, get back to acknowledging complicity and telling people to shut up!

Or find something that affects you that you can contribute to. While listening.

https://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtown/2018/10/08/23499793/the-united-states-of-dunning-kruger-how-russian-trolls-used-star-wars-fandom-to-speed-us-towards-dystopia

2 Likes
10 Likes

Twenty down, thirty (plus the Feds) to go…

5 Likes

Max Boot. Republicans just got a little too crazy for him.

5 Likes

Anyone who thinks that Reagan, aka President Deficit & War on Drugs, embodied conservatism and eschewed racism, obviously needs to have further epiphanies.

I mean, he’s head and shoulders in clarity above a Trump supporter, but that’s not saying much.

12 Likes

I agree.

At one point in the interview he says although Fox News was like a carnival, or something like that, he was a fan because the carnival drew people in and exposed them to conservative ideas. Now he’s realized that Republicans all along only wanted the carnival. So, in other words, Boot was OK with whatever the likes of Glen Beck and the Lou Dobbs were saying as long as it was advancing political views he agreed with.

But it is still an interesting interview and I recommend listening.

5 Likes

There’s no De-Nazification of the World thread, so I put this here.

I only now realized that AfD is using a Nike swoosh with an arrow on the end. What is that?

13 Likes
10 Likes

Not really sure where to put this. Florida may repeal an 1886 constitutional amendment that keeps the legislature from freeing people. The ACLU and NRA support the repeal. Other groups oppose it because the NRA supports it:

I guess repeal qualifies as de-Jim-Crow-ification.

1 Like
11 Likes