The De-Nazification of America

What’s horrifying is when the circles of bigotry these people fall out of suddenly collapse. The bigots turn pro and keep trying to bring back the turmoil of the sixties, to “redeem” America the way the Blue Dogs kept trying to re-fight the civil war. They can’t seem to manage to do it though when there’s more than three channels of TV/radio/data monopoly.

8 Likes

At least she likes ferrets. Cute little guy on top of her head there.

But what’s sad is that so many people would agree with her.

5 Likes

Well. Isn’t this nice. I might have to start watching antenna-radome-ball for the drama.

https://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtown/2019/08/23/27028641/timbers-fall-to-sounders-but-supporters-stand-against-fascism-steals-show

8 Likes

Sad part is that a large part of the country would think her presidential material if they saw that video. :face_with_head_bandage:

4 Likes
7 Likes

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I’m not familiar with either group.

3 Likes

Good thing; see the link in Andy’s post that I replied to.

For historical context, see:

10 Likes

Nae king! Nae fash! Nae dictator! We willna be fooled again!

8 Likes

I hope the sequel does better than the original.

4 Likes

If I have this right, they aren’t calling out journalists for antifascist views, but instead the only thing that sticks is antisemitism and actual fascist ties? Do they think this benefits them, like they’ll recruit their targets to the Christian Taliban?

The nazis lost their fucking minds when they became nazis. I guess that makes sense.

7 Likes

And now they’re backpedaling from their shitheel ways…

…but apparently want to still “be involved”.

5 Likes

Every Black Helicopter cult in the country is splitting into pro-Trump and anti-Trump factions I’m sure

6 Likes

“Go ahead and make your case for Nazism, a white nation, and racial superiority,” he said. "The Constitution may give you a voice, but it doesn’t guarantee you a receptive audience. Your right to free speech does not automatically mean that people will agree with you. In fact, you have a God-given and inalienable right to be on the losing end of this argument.

“What you don’t have, though, is the right to take out your frustration at failure in the political arena by resorting to violence. You don’t have any right to threaten the lives and well-being of our neighbors. They have an absolute and God-given and inalienable right to live peacefully, to worship as they please, to be free from fear that they might become a target simply because of the color of their skin, the country of their birth, or the form of their prayer.”

He added, “Threatening to kill Jewish people, gunning down innocent Latinos on a weekend shopping trip, planning and plotting to perpetrate murders in the name of a nonsense racial theory, sitting to pray with God-fearing people who you execute moments later - those actions don’t make you soldiers, they make you cowards. And law enforcement does not go to war with cowards who break the law, we arrest them and send them to prison.”

13 Likes

Nice words, but I’ll take them more seriously once they start handing out silver bracelets.

5 Likes

Well, the words were said at the same time they were announcing someone was getting criminal charges for just that sort of thing…

7 Likes

Fair point.

4 Likes

Given this is all happening after what happened in British Parliament, and given all the shit leading up to the 2016 US election and all the shit since, I’m feeling more paranoid than anything about this.

Like ten years from now well all find out it was a side effect of Koch dying.

10 Likes

There’s quite a few places that are in dire need of these kinds of signs. And the laws against taking down monuments really need to go…

18 Likes

That’s really nice to see. I don’t entirely agree with all the details, but I do agree with the overall message and we should have more of these throughout the country.

5 Likes

the Republicans flaunt the courts constantly if they don’t like the rulings, so why shouldn’t Democrats?

3 Likes