The Nazification of the World

Before her detention, Gulsen - who is viewed as Turkey’s Madonna - had apologised on social media and suggested her words were seized upon by those who aim to “polarise society”. Writing on Twitter and Instagram, the singer said that while she was “defending freedom of expression” with her “joke between colleagues” she apologised “to everyone who was offended”.

The singer, whose full name is Gulsen Colakoglu, has previously been criticised by conservative elements of Turkish society over her clothing and support for LGBT rights.

Many Twitter users condemned Gulsen’s arrest, with some contrasting it to the lack of legal action against a theologian who recently suggested killing those who do not perform prayers.

4 Likes
1 Like

It is a momentous turning point for Swedish politics - the Sweden Democrats was once treated as a pariah by political parties, but has now won around 20% of the vote.

It vowed to “make Sweden safe again” by bringing in longer prison sentences and restricting immigration.

They were “once treated as a pariah” because they were founded in the 1980s as a white supremacist group.

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Yeah, like other kinds of men don’t rape…sheezus pleezus.

2 Likes

Holy f*** :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Broken glass is pretty tasty.

1 Like

Talk about soft diplomacy.

3 Likes

from 2016, but I don’t recall reading it before

3 Likes

Wait, what’s with the “runic” bit? seems mis-translated a couple times.

1 Like

Runensprache, as opposed to Runenschrift likely referred to some sort of old norse– but standardized by the Nazis for propaganda purposes. The expression “Runic language” was not unknown before the Nazis came to power, especially in the popular press…

2 Likes

Wasn’t it used to describe the Cyrillic alphabet? And Celtic & Gaelic, as well?

Irish does have Ogham runes, which look different to my exceedingly untrained eye.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Cis-men will be given a pass, I presume.

1 Like

A story from 2 years ago but they just got their wish.