The Nazification of the World

Surveying parents on anti-trans fora isn’t a good way to research the trans?

2 Likes

Because we’ve now arrived at the Blood Libel stage of Nazi England, here’s a revelation that the UK press and right wing pols are just makin’ shit up in hopes of getting us all killed now:

12 Likes

In Australia today, the Daily Telegraph, a conservative rag, decided that “even though the Aussie government is illegally holding refugees prisoner on foreign soil, at least they’re not getting gassed, therefore it’s not bad at all.”

White supremacy is a hell of a drug.

9 Likes
7 Likes

What exactly is going on? An Indian guy is chasing a female doctor?

5 Likes

There is currently a fight in Oz politics surrounding medical treatment for refugees interned on Nauru. Medical professionals say that many of those held on Nauru require transport back to Australia in order to receive adequate care, and there has been a back-and-forward legislative fight to permit or prevent this from happening.

Meanwhile, the right is claiming that they’re all Evil Mooslum Terrorists™️ who are coming to slaughter us in our beds and enslave Our Women™️. Hence, the prevalence of crude Islamophobic imagery based on ye olde stereotypes of predatory Arabs.

10 Likes

Even Seventy-One-Hour-Achmed thinks it’s a bit on the nose. Would you like a sheep’s eyeball?

5 Likes

All eyes are on Alberta Provincial General Election ahead of the Canada Federal Election… and the numbers do not portend well for the future.

from the sacrificing-kids-to-mammon dept:

7 Likes

Do they have lower disability wages too?

6 Likes

They don’t, currently, but they will if UCP win because “fuck you, we’re the rich!”

6 Likes

And that’s the thing. Once upon a time the Cons at least pretended to care about society. Since the Thatcher/Reagan/Mulroney trifecta, they’ve been far more up-front about their selfishness. But people who desperately need a good social safety net keep voting for them, and I’m just bewildered why. I tried talking about to a friend who voted for Rob Ford against her own interests, and she was just all, “he’s going to save us money”, not taking into account how much it was going to cost her family.

But yeah, I can’t see Singh becoming PM, so that leaves Trudeau. I just hope we don’t wind up with the left splitting all over the place again. It is getting exhausting voting against the Cons all the time and not, you know, for something.

The Cons will give incompetent leaders so many chances – Harper got voted in how many times??? – but the left will throw out a leader over just one screwup.

8 Likes

In the United States, subminimum disability wages have been standard since 1938:

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/2018/03/20/will-subminimum-wages-disabled-finally-end/

5 Likes

It is the year 201X. Computers around the world are linked together by a network of networks called the Internet. Computers run programs called Browsers to access web pages and data from the Internet.

And now the UK Gov has gone completely fucking nuts with an overbroad law that criminalizes, ehhhhhh, about 75% of users. One misclick - or one unfortunate redirect - and boom, you are Noe a criminal AND a terrorist.

10 Likes

Oh ffs. I’ve run into that crap (neo-Nazis, if anyone was curious) just looking up SNL episodes on YouTube. The poster kept the video part and put their rant over top, replacing the original audio. It was obviously aploy to catch viewers – the description was for the original SNL sketch.

Seriously – do elected officials even use the Internet?

9 Likes

At one stage, I worked in Private Office for the Minister responsible for IT policy in the UK.

One day, she forgot her Google password (she, like all of the other politicians I have met, used Gmail to keep her extra-marrital affair and any hints of personal corruption away from Freedom of Information requests) and demanded that we got Bill Gates on the phone, to reset her Gmail password.

The answer to your question is always “no, of course they don’t, that’s what they pay people for.”

12 Likes

Ye gods.

And this is why some IT jobs should qualify for danger pay.

8 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

EcOnOmIc AnXiEtY is just a euphemism for racism.

7 Likes

Christ what etc.

7 Likes