The Pets Thread

Living with poodles can be challenging but rewarding. My late poodle Cozzi woukd great people with a unique howl-like call and knock on the door when she wanted out. Peppa knows how to open suitcases, slide open doors, unwrap things, all to eat chocolate. Peggers can’t fall asleep without her human’s blankie being spread on the couch. Lackey the cat knocks on doors to come in and wolverine-snikts pipo when he wants out. What are your pets their foibles?

13 Likes

Parker (we can post pictures when we have space) is a thief (nomen est omen). There is no door (save the heavy sliding balcony door and the deadbolted front door) that he can’t get open. He likes to bury his food and rips up cardboard like it personally trolled him.

He hates when I pay attention to things other than him, even if he doesn’t want attention at the time. He panics every time I take a bath (showers are okay, but baths cross the line). He plays with his toys in water like a raccoon. Why, yes, he is a cat.

12 Likes

Poodles are smarter than people think. Standard or miniature?

6 Likes

Minis. We had standards at one time but they tend to be extremely hyperactive and dumber than rocks. (seriously, Teddy, stop balancing on the deck handrail before you fall and get hurt)

7 Likes

i have a 6 year-old ball python which i’ve had for 2 and half years. his name is bob and was named by the first class of students i was teaching when i got him. since he is nocturnal he spends most of the school day curled up in his hiding place, a fake bonsai tree. the only times he comes out are when i get him out to tidy up his enclosure and moisten his mulch. one of my students commented that he didn’t know an exotic pet could be so boring until he had spent the first 9 weeks of school with bob.

16 Likes

26 Likes

Couldn’t decide whether to post this here or in Fuck Today, but I had to put my dog down today. She was 18 and had been with us for 14 of those years;

36 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss!
Many hugs to you and yours.
She looks like she was an excellent dog. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

When she was good, she was very, very good. And when she was bad she was
PS In this pic, she wasn’t actually angry. She had a habit of sneezing when she was unhappy with something, and she didn’t like this halloween costume we got her at all. This was taken mid-sneeze, and just happens to make her look vicious.

28 Likes

Do not like! Please accept my deep condolences.

13 Likes

So sorry for your loss. :sob:

11 Likes

Top photo, from left to right: Phantom and Whiskers. The bottom is just Phantom. Both no longer with us.

21 Likes

So sorry for your loss.

6 Likes

Phantom looked like a black and white cookie!

3 Likes

She was named Phantom by the people I got her from because of her “Phantom of the Opera”-type marking on her face. She was my familiar, I miss her.

9 Likes

My sister said that he looks stone cold. He probably had to be, living rough for at least 4 or 5 months that I know of. But, these days, he mostly just wants to have his ears and head rubbed, and to sit on my lap.

Don’t mess with George.

24 Likes

It’s always a hard decision. But usually it is the last kind thing we can do for them.

This is our TT who, despite or because of an expensive operation, is still with us. I don’t like playing god, but the alternative is not to keep animals. And he has helped my wife through her health problems.

18 Likes

Dat nose…i wanna boop it!

He looks like a miniature mountain lion, sincerely.

4 Likes

Very boop-able nose, for sure. He even likes to scent mark my nose, like nose kisses. It’s very sweet.

6 Likes

Just identifying where potential food is to be found. (Not a cat person).

4 Likes