The Pets Thread

Yes, but pangolins won’t go after your nuts.

(that was tooo easy, lol!)

15 Likes

Well I tried googling “pissed off pangolins” google just asked do you mean “pissed off penguins” so I guess we’re all safe.

eta I take it back we’re not safe.

9 Likes

One of the Tree Rats I occasionally feed.

8 Likes

giphy

7 Likes

My brother gave me his Sony Cyber Shot digital camera for Christmas - which is why Luke is appearing more often than in the past. My old tablets (with the Ice Cream Sandwich OS - yeaaah) no longer allow me to send stuff using them. Anyhow, on with the Luke!

10 Likes

Moved to a new apartment this week, and Ruby and Tasha love it. Lots of sunshine, and a small outside courtyard.
I let Tasha wander around, but Ruby made it to the top of the wall and I had to coax her down.
EDIT: Well, Tasha figured it out today. I’m gonna need some netting.

There is a south-facing front bedroom, so I put an old table in there for Las Gatas. I tried to grab a photo of them basking in the sun, but as soon as I ran to get my phone they skedaddled.
ETA: The bedrooms are on the second floor, so they have an unobstructed view of all the goings on in the complex.

Side note: Ruby looks fine, right? I worry either that I feed them too much or too little. Tasha’s had a tough life, I think, so I want her to be as happy as possible in her last few years. :crossed_fingers:

13 Likes

Brown Tabbies curled into spirals,
Eyes glaring.
Like large, angry cinnamon rolls.

6 Likes

She looks fine to me. Not too skinny, not too fat. A lot of times, the first thing you notice with poor health is their coat becomes less glossy and kind of disheveled, because when they feel crummy they groom less. Sylvia had a bad tooth, and the first thing I noticed was her coat. I wouldn’t lick myself either, if I had a painful mouth, so I get it.

I have no training, apart from living with many cats over the years.

7 Likes

Same here. My first “my own” cat got quite fat, despite making it to 18 years. I just don’t want to go too far in either direction.

7 Likes

How old is Tasha? My senior kitties started getting thinner as they got older, but were still healthy for their ages.

5 Likes

I think you meant to direct the question to me.

I’m not really sure. The Humane Society got her and Ruby as strays, I think. The vet pegged her at 10 yrs, but she’s thin and saggy, poor eyesight and hearing, which makes me think older. However, homelessness ages you rapidly, so…

All I know for sure is I asked to be pointed to the longest residents with manageable problems for someone with my budget, and I chose Tasha and Ruby out of four cats. Tasha had definitely been their longest resident.
I found out what made her purr in a few seconds (head rubs and bonks, chin scratches) and the aides looked at each other and smiled. And that was that.

8 Likes

Awww. Bless you for adopting an older kitty. <3

8 Likes

She’s happy, so I’m happy. :blush:

13 Likes

Those cheek freckles are so cute!

8 Likes

Sciurus carolinensis?
The British Government actually produced an anti-squirrel pamphlet around the time of WW2 telling people that they were not squirrels but tree rats. It was this kind of actual lying to the public by civil servants that was part of the background to 1984. Though it wasn’t the MSM, it was HMG.

6 Likes

Everyday is Scuridae

5 Likes

Not one of my kitties, but I felt appropriate for the topic:

4 Likes

6 Likes

Dat nubbin tailio…

3 Likes

She’s remarkably cool with me touching it, too. It’s like a little Atari joystick!

6 Likes