The Pets Thread

(Caption: “The Weekend”) :wink:

7 Likes

Bugger decided to nap on the clean clothes.

15 Likes

Well, of course. That’s a cat’s natural bedding, clean laundry.

16 Likes

I’m led to understand that many (some?) fabric softeners have animal fat in them, which is offered as at least one reason that dogs and cats are attracted to them, and by extension clean laundry.

I don’t use fabric softener, and one of my dogs still loves to climb on top of a fresh pile of towels, completely disinterested in my intent to fold them.

5 Likes

Cats and dogs also have a sense of smell several times more sensitive than humans, so maybe that’s it.

And for cats at least, I always thought it was for the same reason they like sitting on paper. It’s something about how the smoothness feels.

And maybe the basket of laundry resembles a sleeping den/nest for them?

6 Likes

Brr, demonstrating good grill hygiene practices:

Dora needs a big water bowl:

Gus wonders why I fuss over the tomato plants when I could be fussing over him:

21 Likes

This is Arrow. She is the best kind of dog: Mine.

21 Likes

here’s our python, bob, looking out during christmas of 2016. i sent this out on facebook with the message “merry christmas from our enclosure to yours.”

19 Likes

This is Nick & Nora (as in Mr. & Mrs. Charles, tyvm), siblings actually, taking a nap on a recent sunday afternoon.

26 Likes

Time for martinis!

14 Likes

YES! that’s exactly their namesakes. we’re, uh, big martini fans hereabouts, and N&N are house favorites (that scene in particular).

7 Likes

No doubt you’d name a dog Asta then! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

i don’t often wish i could put more than one like on a single post but this is one i would if i could.

4 Likes

If those are fish in there, she may just be sampling the gazpacho. :wink:

6 Likes

I’m not sure if Dora is a cat or a raccoon.

4 Likes

You shouldn’t say stuff like that on the Internet - the cats can hear you! Dora’s a distinguished and experienced brown tabby. Here’s a better photo of her (and a worse one of Gus):

18 Likes

funnily enough, NO – we did buy them a little squeaky dog as a toy, hoping they would play with it and carry it around, but they were too wise. they took one sniff, and looked at us as if to say, “that is a DOG toy. we will NEVER play with it.”

6 Likes

15 Likes

Manny’s a weird little dude. He knocked the laundry basket over, so he could sleep in it. When I saw him, I had to check that he was still breathing because this position is ridiculous.

23 Likes

cats sleep in the weirdest positions (and places!) sometimes, haha

10 Likes