The Situation in Israel/Palestine

1 Like
1 Like

The bodies of several hostages from Kibbutz Nir Or have been returned: Maya Goren, the kindergarten teacher for the Kibbutz, Orin Goldin, the Kibbutz mechanic, and Rabid Katz. Ravid Katz was the elder brother of Doron Katz-Asher, who was taken with her two little girls and then released in November. Their mother, Efrat Katz, was also murdered.

The 2nd photo in the linked post is Maya Goren feeding the baby Kfir Bibas, who still is a hostage (or dead, but this has not been confirmed).
https://www.instagram.com/p/C90eYEnuchj/?img_index=1

The Times of Israel put together this video showing a timeline of the events in Kibbutz Nir Or, incorporating video of the kibbutz and text messages from the group chat.

3 Likes
3 Likes

My friends in Israel are getting nervous about Iran entering the war. They are on high alert and many of the flights into Israel are cancelled.

3 Likes
3 Likes

This is one of the best articles I’ve read about this whole conflict. I appreciate all the background he brings to his analysis.

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Protesters - many clad in Israeli flags - descended on Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and other cities, accusing PM Benjamin Netanyahu and his government of not doing enough to reach a deal to secure the release of the remaining hostages taken by Hamas during the 7 October attacks.

Was just talking to a friend in Israel. It’s hitting a tipping point. People are so mad that the hostages are not home yet and the Netanyahu keeps dragging them deeper into war rather than getting a deal done.

My heart is so broken. The 6 bodies brought back today - all those hostages were alive 2 days ago.

It’s time to end this madness and get to a ceasefire.

5 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like