The wild animals that live among us

I caught a vole today. It had made its way behind my big heavy wood desk, which used to be a safe place, until I learned how to use a yardstick and trap to evict them.

This guy is now outside, released away from the cats who were just appalled that I would let a snack go like that, just let it run away. I am a monster.

10 Likes

These aren’t “wild”, but I thought this video would fit well here:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Another theory suggests birds might use ants like an avian after-shave, leaving their skin tingly and soothed

Hmm, I’ll have to try this bright and early some morning.

4 Likes

Tell us how it goes, but for the love of everything that is good, no photos, please :wink:

5 Likes

For extra tingling, try some spicy fire ants.

:fire: :ant: :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Or, to let them do the hair-clipping:

3 Likes

:scream: Holy shit!!!

1 Like

BABY DEER ALERT

You should be able to click and zoom in on the wholesome nursing action.

Likely born on our property, or in the brush in the fencerow between us and the hay field next door. The mama is probably the one my SO saw under the apple tree recently.

10 Likes

Whao.

2 Likes

Another photo, not quite as stunning, but good.

I just hope they stay safe.

9 Likes

I want to fall into them.

Tee hee, I’ll hitch to your place and just camp out. Look for the US flag with only 48 stars (because that’s the only one I have a pole for, and it’s too short).

2 Likes

I feel like I should call this one Rural Decay with Wildlife, with that shed falling apart in the background. But, that didn’t stop her from having a graze at the various grasses and weeds. I believe her baby would have been off to the right of the photo, hidden in the tall grass. This photo was yesterday evening, through a very dirty window (the rural decay ain’t just outside, it seems).

8 Likes

Don’t feel bad about the windows…mine are just as bad.

Well, not this bad…

2 Likes

I try to keep mine clean.

5 Likes

Blowup of a chipmunk on holly bush.

Difficult to photo this critter. They are so fast. I started taking pictures away from the window so as to not scare him, then moved closer hoping to get a close-up. But he scooted away after only three shots. And naturally the camera focused on the screen.

8 Likes

Oh, so it didn’t explode - whew!

Adorb!

2 Likes

Screens - the original filter.

3 Likes

It’s called a Seurat Filter.

1 Like

It’s called a Seurat Filter.