Things My House Eats

Houses are filter-feeders. The sieve size seems to be between a geared hand can opener and a 25 ft Stanley tape measure. All the little tape measures, can openers and scissors are gone. Only the Stanley tape measure and my giant kitchen scissors seem immune in category.

10 Likes

So thereā€™s your solution, then.
Giant everything.

Honestly, though- what good are all those 6ā€™ tape measures? Gimme 15ā€™ or nothing.

8 Likes

I have a 150 footer around here somewhere. I really need to reorganize the garage. Itā€™s been eaten.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve got a couple 25ā€™s, a 15ā€™ (my favorite) and a 150ā€™ that I never use.

My house eats flashlights. All types and shapes.

6 Likes

I feel like Captain America in The Avengers.

ā€œI got that reference! I know that one!ā€

5 Likes

Wow. Thatā€™s one playful house

4 Likes

Screws and screwdrivers. Remote control units (wait, thatā€™s just the couch)

5 Likes

I am a longtime believer in Resistentialism.

6 Likes

The appetites of garages and basements far exceed the rest of the house

5 Likes

It is more complex than Jennings thought, because he didnā€™t understand the mathematics involved in H-space, which is like L-space but with more things than books.

H-space is curved and sometimes its dimensions are rolled up so small that things fall behind them and are transmuted elsewhere. Have you ever noticed how houses that lose coathangers may acquire a surplus of paperclips, or how kitchen equipment, spoons and so on disappear while the garage fills up with mechanical junk which nobody can ever remember buying or removing? Thatā€™s H-space.

My house fills up with USB cables that I am sure have never been bought or come with equipment, but I never seem to have a full complement of underpants. If this could be harnessed in some way I could probably start an industry.

10 Likes
5 Likes

One measure of air pollution is dustfall. Busy street means lots of particulates. Also, dust bunnies multiply like rabbits.

4 Likes

Money. I swear thereā€™s $30, a ten and a twenty, floating around the first floor somewhere. And Iā€™m too damned depressed - or just MEH - to do more than conduct a half-hearted search. And Iā€™m broke - now, thatā€™s bad, lol.

8 Likes

All my house eats is my money.

9 Likes

Iā€™m between a city street and a beach on a large lake, so itā€™s not surprising thereā€™s a lot of dust. The neighbourhoodā€™s known for it. It did used to have a lot of air pollution, from being downwind of a coal-fired power plant, but that was decommissioned in the 1960s.

5 Likes
  • guitar picks
  • tupperware lids
  • hair bands
  • AC adapters
5 Likes

There probably is an ass-yet untapped market for cable-woven under garments

5 Likes

No, my proposal does not equal the ā€œ?:Profitā€ meme.

The cost of a pair of underpants is comparable to that of a good USB cable. So if my hypothesis were proven correct, and one pair of underpants mutated into multiple cables, I might have a business. If the price:cost ratio was less than unity I would not have a business (though this doesnā€™t seem to bother either Tesla or Twitter.)

6 Likes

I just donā€™t know what to say to that. Iā€™d assume youā€™re displeased the way you said it.

Hope you took it in the spirit of ā€œYes, andā€¦ā€

1 Like

Then you would be incorrect.:cry:
I just have an occasional habit of making fairly blunt statements.

1 Like